Power Wiring in Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
hello all Auto techies.
This my first thread: I own a 800 MPFI 5 speed 2000 Model.
I need to run a 10 amp carrying power wire from battery to an additional car cigar lighter socket, since am EEE Engineer by profession I have good knowledge but getting the power wire thru the dash from engine bay is a bit tricky for me, i need guidance in getting the wires to dash board so I request you all to guide me properly.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Forum. I cant seem to understand your problem. Are you apprehensive of the routing or is it something else? It seems like a straight enough job to me.

Look through the engine bay, you will find several holes that lead to the area behind the dash.Just introduce the wires through any one of them that carries electrical lines.

Stay away from anything that holds fuel or AC lines(pipes).

There are about 5 or 6 holes in the firewall of M800, Just bend down & look, you will find 2holes for AC, 1 for brake line, to the top right side you will find one for the main wiring harness, low down one for the clutch cable & last is for the speedometer cable.

My suggestion would be to avoid pulling any direct (live) wire from battery (without fuse) to any part of the car, in case a rat bites it/ water leakage etc, it can be major issue. Also you can see this pic to get an idea about the holes.

Top Bottom