Car Engine Maintenance: Tips and Advice.

Thread Starter #1
1. Engine oil is the most element of a car engine that plays a vital role in car performance. It should be changed periodically or after every 3,000 to 6,000 miles. Also check the oil level and refill the tank if the level is low.

2. Check the condition of the air filter. If you find any kind of dirt or crack in the air filter, immediately replace it or else it would hamper the functioning of the car engine.

3. Whenever you decide to replace engine parts, ensure that you use original components. Faulty and fake engine components may damage the engine completely if they don't fit in well or are not reliable.

4. Use clean fuel for your car. Adding a fuel stabilizer to the engine can also be helpful for preventing gas from going stale.

5. For proper functioning of the car engine you also need to check the condition of the car battery.

6. The battery case should be free from dirt and cracks. If in case you find any leakage or dust on the surface of the battery case, replace the battery immediately.

7. A car engine also comprises a timing belt that runs the engine and some even comprise a serpentine belt that runs various pumps and accessories in the car. If you find wear and tear of these belts, then you should replace them or else it would hamper the efficiency of the car engine.

8. Ensure that all the car fluids including the brake fluid, engine fluid,engine coolant, power steering fluid, and transmission fluid are topped up to the marked level. Ensuring that all fluid levels are topped off can maintain the health of your engine.

9. Inspect the condition of the spark plug and if required change them. Damaged or ineffective spark plugs hamper the performance of the car engine and also prevents costly engine repairs.

10. If in case you find any kind of strange noises from the engine, get it checked from the mechanic and make sure that the necessary repair is done.

leaves in my air conditioner blower

Hi all
I am writing this post just to seek an advice that i preferbly park my car under the tree(that i planted when i was young) so that my car paint is protected and car is not so hot when i hop in. But now the leaves have started gathering in my ac blower.2 times i have got it cleaned and now again it has started making some unpleasent noise i fear it does not damage my blower's fan wings.:( what should i do? I cannot park just outside my house as the next house is under construction and anything can fall anytime and i cant risk that. And parking is a big problem here in delhi. Help!!!!!

Best option is to buy a cover and cover the car when after you park it.

Other option is to cover the area where the wiper wash needles come out(just below the front windshield)

Attachments

buying a car cover wont help because i take my car 3 4 times a day. yes covering it will be of great help. should i cover them permanently or whenever i park it?:stupid:

You need to cover it everytime you park.But that is not possible.You can try to cover the area I marked in the picture.The leaves get into the blower from there.

The design of this car is 20 years old and they have not changed a lot of things from the very first design.They made changes to lower the manufacturing cost but not the design.

The alternative to prevent the leaves from going into the blower is to take out the dashboard and weld the panel behind the dash shut.

This will prevent leaves and dust from coming in also you will lose the fresh air ventilation function in the AC.

Last edited:

Top Bottom