Noise From Front Shocker in Dzire Diesel

Thread Starter #1
From the past seven days I have been experiencing a 'Thud-Thud' noise from the front right side shocker whenever my dzire encounters potholes or broken roads . It is a very faint noise which can only be heard when the stretch of potholes or broken road is at least 300m long . On good roads there is no noise from it . What can be the problem ? I consulted a trusted local mechanic and he told me that a rubber part above the shocker mount needs to be replaced and it would cost me around Rs 800 including labour . Shocker is working perfectly fine and there is no oil leakage or any kind of damage . I havent consulted M.A.S.S as of now . Any advice ?

Re: Noise from front Shocker in my Dzire Diesel

Change the Strut Bushes and the lower arm bushes. Should be less than 1000 bucks in an independent garage.

Hi,
q7rish5s, The Strut Bushes need to be replaced. But if your car is under warranty or extended warranty then take your vehicle to MASS and get the bushes replaced you can save on labour costs.[:)]

Thankyou
satyabobby9.

Thread Starter #5
I confirmed it from another mechanic and he confirms that the strut bush needs to be changed . But he is telling me to get the strut bushes changed of both shockers as changing one can place more pressure on the older one . I want to know is this true . Also my Cars service is due in 2500 km ie 45 days max . So what should I do ? Should I get it replaced now or wait for the service . Also , if I change it on service which is 2500 kms away , can it harm anything in the car . I dont have time for the next two weeks due to some urgent work .

If it is 2500 km you can continue but with caution to avoiding bumps and potholes. You might also want to keep in mind that the more the vehicle goes on to be used like this the more the strut mount gets stressed and bearing portion of the mount rapidly wears. I would suggest you get the problem sorted out ASAP.
Thankyou,
satyabobby9.

Ideally, when you replace one anything on one strut it is advisable to do the other one as well.So that they wear out uniformly.

What have they quoted you for this job though.

The faulty bushes can cause problems with other parts.If you have an alternate mode of transport use that and wait for the 45 days.This way you can get the job done for free, bushes should not fail this fast.Send a mail to Maruti and fight about why this part failed so soon.They should replace the bushes for free even though it is a wear and tear item as the case is not yet done 2500kms.Try not to mention the bad roads you have been driving on [;)]

It is strange that the strut bush has given up so early (how old is your car? How many kilometers have you driven? Is this your first service?).

Jarpickle:
I dont think MASS will replace this item under warranty, since it is a wear and tear part.

But bushes don't fail at 2500kms.I have mentioned that they are classified as wear and tear items.But this seems more like a premature failure to me.One of our members got his strut replaced by Maruti for free since it was a premature failure.

q7rish5s:Email Maruti and find out why the bushes have to fail so soon.Please share more details about your car here.When was it purchased the number of kms it has done so far.How many services has it done etc.

Thread Starter #10
My car was purchased in August 2011 and it has run around 48k kms . Is this a premature failure of the bushes ? My work place is around 34kms from my home and half of the stretch is of bad roads with a lot of potholes . But cant help it as its the only way . Also the noise is from right hand side shocker and that too very faint . The reason I was telling that after 2500 kms the car is going for service beacause the service is at 50k kms and roughly 2.5k kms are left on the odo . MASS has quoted me Rs 2000 for both strut bushes plus labour . But they have told me that noise is too faint and it could be coming aout of some loose nut-bolts . So they have told me to wait till the next service . If the noise increases than its the bushes wornt out . Cant I get this replaced under warranty as my car is in warranty till 60k kms ?

No after 48000 kms its not premature at all.This is a wear and tear issue, but refer to your warranty card and check to ease your mind.

Do the maintenance work at 50000kms as suggested in your owners manual.Also go over all the issues you have with the car.Get all the nuts and bolts torqued properly.

Thread Starter #12
Yesterday I vistited my village the way of which has a lot of bad roads with potholes. But I was very carefull driving the car during these bad patches. Now since todays warning the sound has changed and it is now 'phat-phat'. Also this sound comes during bad patches of road and on good roads , it is very faint and next to un-noticable. First I thought that suspension also has a problem but I checked it myself and it is perfect. No loose ends or any sign of wear n tear. The sound which I am talking about starts to come when the car has travelled around 5-7 kms after a cold start. Is this the sound of worn out bushes or aomething else ?

Why don't you get the suspension checked and all the worn out parts replaced at the earliest.The more you wait, they more damage you will do to the connected parts.

Thread Starter #14
I am at MASS now. I have told them about the problem and they have checked it. Their verdict is that the suspension , tie end rods , shockers are fine. No problem at all. They say that it must be the bushes but they need some time to check it as shockers have to be opened at both ends and they have a lot of cars for service today. They will let me know in around 2 hours so I have left the car with them. Before they tell me , I want to know from you guys that what can be the problem now , since suspension and shockers are fine ?

Its difficult to give an accurate cause.Ask them to check the bushes and also the drive shaft and steering rack and pinion boots.The problem could be the strut bushes that sit over the dampers and also the lower arm and balance rod bushes.

Since the suspension is coming out, this is a good time to change the drive shaft boots if they are dry and cracked.Will save you a lot in labor.

Top Bottom