Ford Fiesta (Old) 40K Kms Service Done

Thread Starter #1
Yesterday i did my car 40k service,they have changed Air filter,gaskit,Engine oil,coolant,Break cleaning,polish and few other thing which i not remember and the total bill was Rs3541/-.But they have identified some major issue with my car like they told me to change gear mount assembly and leakage in fuel sump.Now i want to know is that both the things needs to be rectified immediately[frustration] or i may wait for next service?

I am sorry, but I cannot understand what you have typed.

To get a good idea of the damage, put the car on the lift/ramp and check it yourself.

I am not sure of any fuel sump.If it is an oil sump, it needs to be changed immediately if it has a crack in it.You can look for oil spots where you park your car.If the oil sump is leaking the engine oil will leak away slowly/fast depending on the size of the crack and your engine will cease.

The gear mount assembly is a crucial part as well.This is what the gearbox rests on.

If you have any doubts, get the car assessed from a local mechanic and if he gives you the same prognosis then get the car repaired by him or if it is under warranty get this done at the authorized service center.The gearbox mount should be covered under warranty.You can find the details of the parts covered under warranty in your owners manual.The oil sump must have hit something and hence won't be covered.But to get a good idea of the damage, put the car on the lift/ramp and check it yourself.

Thread Starter #4
I bought this car second hand from used car dealer.This time when i visited the authorized service center they told me the car run 82595km as per their record but in car the odo showing 43500km(approx).So i am really confused about the real odo reading?[cry]i am planing to sell the car..what you people suggest me?bought this car for 3.5L last year and run by myself more the 10k km after purchasing.

Last edited:
I bought this car second hand from used car dealer.This time when i visited the authorized service center they told me the car run 82595km as per their record but in car the odo showing 43500km(approx).So i am really confused about the real odo reading?[cry]i am planing to sell the car..what you people suggest me?bought this car for 3.5L last year and run by myself more the 10k km after purchasing.
Looks like your car's odo has been clocked back if am not mistaken

It depends on your finances.If you want to sell this car and go for another one, so be it.If you like the car and want to drive it more then you will have to do those repairs.

About the ODO reading it looks like the person who sold you the car might have tampered with the ODO.Check the service center records and check when the car completed 82595kms.Then add the kms you did after that time.

Check you owners manual and see the kind of work you need to do on a car that has clocked 90000-100000kms and then decide whether to sell or retain the car.

Thread Starter #8
It depends on your finances.If you want to sell this car and go for another one, so be it.If you like the car and want to drive it more then you will have to do those repairs.

About the ODO reading it looks like the person who sold you the car might have tampered with the ODO.Check the service center records and check when the car completed 82595kms.Then add the kms you did after that time.

Check you owners manual and see the kind of work you need to do on a car that has clocked 90000-100000kms and then decide whether to sell or retain the car.
As per service centre record last year march car has completed the said odo that time they did some ac work and steering work bill was 12k plus.i have purchased this car August last year and then after clocked 12k so if the service centre record is correct then this car should have crossed 94k km
So in that case is it wise to retain this car for another year?

Best thing is to get the compression test done that would revel if the engine needs overhauling or not.

Consult your owners manual and see the kind of maintenance that needs to be done at 1,00,000 kms and then decide whether or not to retain the car.

Usually Diesels last much longer than petrol cars, provided they are taken care well. Since most new diesel cars come with Turbocharger. If proper services have been done, then no issues at this odometer reading.

Get a local mechanic to check what's are the issues which can crop up in the next 1year.
Are they any major Engine works?
Oil leak in Turbo?

Apart from this, since the car is nearing the 6digit odometer mark, you can expect suspension damages as well. However a suggestion would be post pictures of car (after getting it washed).

Engine bay (close up)
All 4 wheel wells (to see suspension struts)
Any Picture of underside of engine (behind the front bumper)

This will give us some idea to suggest you better.

swiftkolkata:Go to the A.S.S ask them to connect an ECU reader to the car and read the actual amount of KMS done on the ECU.Tampering this is an expensive job,actual values should be stored in the cars memory.

Top Bottom