Maruti Diesels Service Issues

Thread Starter #1
I own a Dzire Vdi and a Ritz Vdi . After the 3rd free service ie 10k km service of both the cars , M.A.S.S Service Advisor has been insisting on getting the TURBO Cleaned and ENGINE FLUSHING done at every 10k km service . Also , they have told me to get the EGR VALVE cleaned at every 30k km interval . So far I have been abiding them as my Dzire has run 34k kms and my Ritz has run 57k kms . But I want to know that if these things are necessary or not . ENGINE FLUSHING - Rs 900 , TURBO Cleaning - Rs 1200-1400(I dont remember exactly) and EGR VALVE Clean - Rs 2200 . These things have been denting me on an otherwise cheap service . Also , I would like to know that what exactly is the function of these processes . I asked M.A.S.S and they told me that ENGINE FLUSHING decarbonises the Engine and prolongs its life . Else they could not explain about the other two processes and just told me that these are done according to company circulars while there is no mention in the Service Booklet . What should I do ? Should I follow their schedule or someone can provide me with a better one ?

I own a Dzire Vdi and a Ritz Vdi . After the 3rd free service ie 10k km service of both the cars , M.A.S.S Service Advisor has been insisting on getting the TURBO Cleaned and ENGINE FLUSHING done at every 10k km service . Also , they have told me to get the EGR VALVE cleaned at every 30k km interval . So far I have been abiding them as my Dzire has run 34k kms and my Ritz has run 57k kms . But I want to know that if these things are necessary or not . ENGINE FLUSHING - Rs 900 , TURBO Cleaning - Rs 1200-1400(I dont remember exactly) and EGR VALVE Clean - Rs 2200 . These things have been denting me on an otherwise cheap service . Also , I would like to know that what exactly is the function of these processes . I asked M.A.S.S and they told me that ENGINE FLUSHING decarbonises the Engine and prolongs its life . Else they could not explain about the other two processes and just told me that these are done according to company circulars while there is no mention in the Service Booklet . What should I do ? Should I follow their schedule or someone can provide me with a better one ?
I have heard about engine flushing only insisted by service centers and used to go for it also on and off. In my limited knowledge, engine flushing is done using some kind of additive (which has detergent properties too) to flush out the engine clearly before filling new oil. It is definitely not meant for 'decarbonizing'. This is good for the engine though and no harm doing it if you are changing oil every 10,000 kms.

Have had experience with multiple diesel cars for close to 20 years now & never heard about periodic cleaning of TURBO or EGR valves. I would suggest you to write to switch to another reliable service center and also write to Maruti about this practice.

Alternatively, you could request the service center to provide a copy of Maruti circular regarding the practices which would bring out the truth.

350Z

Core Team
I own a Dzire Vdi and a Ritz Vdi . After the 3rd free service ie 10k km service of both the cars , M.A.S.S Service Advisor has been insisting on getting the TURBO Cleaned and ENGINE FLUSHING done at every 10k km service .
Engine flush = Wallet flush. It isn’t required if the engine is well taken care of with regular oil changes. Maruti chaps used to insist me too. Which workshop you’re dealing with?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Sir for your concern . I asked the M.A.S.S service advisor for the Circular at my Last service of RITZ Vdi around 75 days ago . He told me to talk to the manager who was nowhere to be found . Anyways I didnt bother too much and came back . And I liked your suggestion about changing the Service Centre . I get my Cars serviced at T R Sawhney Motors , Badli . Maybe now I'll get my Cars serviced from DD Motors , Mayapuri . But till now apart from these issues T R Sawhney has been quite helpfull . Got the Cars delivered on time after service that too with complete satisfaction . My Ritz's front left shocker had some problem which they corrected in almost an hour . I want to know that do different dealers of same automobile company can practice such things just to get more bucks out of the customer .

''350 Z'' : My both Cars are serviced at T R Sawhney Motords , Badli . Till now they have been doing a good job . And which car do you own ? Do you have also been told to get the Turbo and EGR Valve cleaned by service Advisors ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rishabh

I own a Ritz LDI and completed 2 years 20k+ kms so far. My advice would be just stick to the service schedule mentioned in the manual, nothing more and nothing less. Do not go with any kind of verbal advices by service adviser or manager. If they insist on something, then ask them to show the same in writing from Maruti, other wise just ignore their words and in worst case ignore the dealer and write to Maruti about them[:)]

Engine flush might need when you do first 10k kms as the engine is new and the components like piston wier and shed some particles so a flush would clean them. That is why I and jarpickle in this fourm always recommend for oil change at 2500kms. I dont think flush is required unless you shift to different config oil.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
I want to know that do different dealers of same automobile company can practice such things just to get more bucks out of the customer .
The authorized workshops receive better margins on items sold rather than the usual servicing. They can do anything to earn more bucks.

I get my Cars serviced at T R Sawhney Motors , Badli
T.R Sawhney is worst among the lot. I had a pathetic experience with them and a quick Google search also reveals a lot about their reputation.

And which car do you own ?
I used to own a Maruti 800 until 2012. I do not have any Maruti car at present.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@Rishabh

I own a Ritz LDI and completed 2 years 20k+ kms so far. My advice would be just stick to the service schedule mentioned in the manual, nothing more and nothing less. Do not go with any kind of verbal advices by service adviser or manager. If they insist on something, then ask them to show the same in writing from Maruti, other wise just ignore their words and in worst case ignore the dealer and write to Maruti about them[:)]
Second that..

My previous car, Verna was a diesel car which did 110K without any Engine issues. I just stuck to manufacturer recommended service schedule to do routine service including fluid changes. Never accepted service advisor's advise on any of the additives (Exception was engine flushing at some random intervals, since I thought it would keep engine clean).

Do not fall for all these. This is only to get some extra income for A.S.S.
When last time I went for the service of my car, the SA was not at all interested in listening my actual problem what I am facing with the car. He was just waiting when I will be finished talking so that he can start his marketing job.

First he started with Under body coat. Polity declined.
Then comes for internal cleaning including fabric washing.declined.
Then something he told like , there will be lot of bacteria present inside ac vents. So what he will do is he will pour some chemical and after that some special foam will be injected through the ac vent.
I could not understand that, actually I heard this one first time, I declined. He got some what irritate with me and called some other SA to handle my servicing and proceeded towards another incoming car for marketing.
Every time they came up with some new technical term, I guess to confuse us.
It is always advisable to stick to the service mannual.

The engine flush and turbo flush is to remove the carbon.

What does the M.A.S.S say about how much do these flushing services extend the life of the turbo?Will they give it in writing.

If the service costs are higher than the cost of the new part then you might as well drop them and save up for whenever they fail and use the funds to buy a new part.

A lot of these places charge you for services that they don't actually perform.

Apart from these flushing services, some services that would help are injector cleaning and then rebuilding if needed and also flow testing the injectors.

If regular service has documented proof to prolong the life of the parts then continue it.If not drop it.

Use good quality oil and follow the service intervals.Inspect and replace the parts at the specified intervals.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Second that..

My previous car, Verna was a diesel car which did 110K without any Engine issues. I just stuck to manufacturer recommended service schedule to do routine service including fluid changes. Never accepted service advisor's advise on any of the additives (Exception was engine flushing at some random intervals, since I thought it would keep engine clean).
You are absolutely right . From now on I'll stick to the basics and get the service done as per Booklet Norms . The services on my both Cars have been costing above 6k and i had started thinking that maybe I had made a mistake by buying maruti . Cost of Ford Figo services are much lower than this . I have a 2001 Hyundai Santro Euro-II which has been regularly serviced at the A.S.S and believe me it runs still good . Booklet schedule followed and my Car has run 2 lac kms and is still being used for household purpose .

Thread Starter #13
Do not fall for all these. This is only to get some extra income for A.S.S.
When last time I went for the service of my car, the SA was not at all interested in listening my actual problem what I am facing with the car. He was just waiting when I will be finished talking so that he can start his marketing job.

First he started with Under body coat. Polity declined.
Then comes for internal cleaning including fabric washing.declined.
Then something he told like , there will be lot of bacteria present inside ac vents. So what he will do is he will pour some chemical and after that some special foam will be injected through the ac vent.
I could not understand that, actually I heard this one first time, I declined. He got some what irritate with me and called some other SA to handle my servicing and proceeded towards another incoming car for marketing.
Every time they came up with some new technical term, I guess to confuse us.
It is always advisable to stick to the service mannual.
Same is the case with me . As soon as I reach M.A.S.S they just start to advertise their products and once I felled for it and got Rs 8k seat covers for my Ritz . I'll post a pic of the condition of those seat covers which are almost an year old . I have a Toyota Innova at my workplace and trust me that toyota is much much better than Maruti . The car is regularly serviced and has run above 60k although being only 1.5 years old with nominal service charges , even lower than that of the Marutis . There is no such thing as ENGINE FLUSHING and TURBO Cleaning in their dictionary .

T.R Sawhney is worst among the lot. I had a pathetic experience with them and a quick Google search also reveals a lot about their reputation.

Drive Safe,
350Z
So what do you suggest that where should I get my Cars Serviced from ? I live in Rohini , Delhi and the nearest M.A.S.S to me is 1) DD Motors , Wazirpur 2) DD Motors , Peeragarhi 3) DD Motors , Mayapuri

The engine flush and turbo flush is to remove the carbon.

What does the M.A.S.S say about how much do these flushing services extend the life of the turbo?Will they give it in writing.

If the service costs are higher than the cost of the new part then you might as well drop them and save up for whenever they fail and use the funds to buy a new part.

A lot of these places charge you for services that they don't actually perform.

Apart from these flushing services, some services that would help are injector cleaning and then rebuilding if needed and also flow testing the injectors.

If regular service has documented proof to prolong the life of the parts then continue it.If not drop it.

Use good quality oil and follow the service intervals.Inspect and replace the parts at the specified intervals.
You are absolutely right Sir . I wasn't there when they were cleaning the EGR Valve or Turbo . I just left my Car with them as I trusted them . Guess I have already spend 15-16k more on my services because I ''TRUSTED'' them . And moreover I could have saved that money to get a new EGR Valve or Turbo like you said .

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbo cleaning , flushing the engine oil etc are not required every 10 k , every 50k kms is okay
EGR required to clean if your car doesn't start properly . that sensor leads to longer ignitions. see if that is something needs attentions only then get it cleaned

Normally these things are done on a major service

if he is insisting you to do that ,ask him to pay for it.

Turbo attaching , removing etc = money .
I'd rather change a turbo after blowing it up then paying for its service every 10,000 kms and still would workout cheaper.

if you are not thrashing your car then you don't need all of this.Looks like crooks working in maruti service centre.

I did all this when I got a new engine for my skyline , and your car is fairly new man.

Easy way out = change the service centre

Last edited:
Same is the case with me . As soon as I reach M.A.S.S they just start to advertise their products and once I felled for it and got Rs 8k seat covers for my Ritz . I'll post a pic of the condition of those seat covers which are almost an year old . I have a Toyota Innova at my workplace and trust me that toyota is much much better than Maruti . The car is regularly serviced and has run above 60k although being only 1.5 years old with nominal service charges , even lower than that of the Marutis . There is no such thing as ENGINE FLUSHING and TURBO Cleaning in their dictionary .

This is not about the manufacture. Manufacturer never tell for these nonsense job.
This all about the dealer and the SA. What I understand is, SA are given some incentive for these crappy job, from dealer apart from salary, if they successfully can trap one poor soul[evil] .
The greedy SA will keep on pestering you, which sometime makes us uncomfortable.

Changing the service station for this problem will not be better solution because you will find these kind every where.
Better be alert for all these nonsense work.
I prefer no to go with the argument, rather I tell them that I will do all these (nonsense job) when I visit for next service.

Top Bottom