Engine Sound Changes Upon Depressing the Clutch

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone . I am new to this forum and this is my first post . I have a Maruti Dzire VDI(Old) , 2011 model with ODO reading 34k . Also , I have a Maruti Ritz VDI , 2012 model with ODO reading 57k . Both the cars are fun to drive especially the Ritz . Two days ago when I was driving my Dzire I noticed that when the Car is idling engine sound changes when I press the clutch and when I release the clutch some faint clatter noise appears which disappears after pressing the clutch . It is a very low pitch sound and cant be detected unless listened carefully . This noise almost goes away after the car has warmed up . There is no problem with the clutch working or anything else . After this incident , I tested my Ritz VDI as both share the same engine and this noise was also presnt in this Car same as that of the Dzire . Can someone please tell me what is this noise and is something wrong with my Cars or my way of driving . I havent consulted the M.A.A.S as of now . Also I dont know if this noise is coming from the start or has cropped up recently . Noise can only be heard in silent places .

Re: Engine Sound Changes When Clutch is pressed in Maruti Diesel's

Dear Rishabh, welcome to The Automotive India!

There's nothing wrong with your car. All cars behave like this whenever the clutch engages/disengages. Very crudely speaking, a clutch is used to 'connect and disconnect' the engine from the wheels. When you press the clutch, the friction between the clutch plate and the flywheel changes due to which you hear this faint noise.

Just relax and drive on![drive]

Regards,
Sam

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Thanks Sam . Feeling very relaxed . I also checked this with my friend who owns a swift VDI . He also told me that this thing is present in his car and he consulted M.A.S.S and they said its perfectly normal and occurs with all Cars .

Thanks Sam . Feeling very relaxed . I also checked this with my friend who owns a swift VDI . He also told me that this thing is present in his car and he consulted M.A.S.S and they said its perfectly normal and occurs with all Cars .
Yes I experience this in my ertiga VDi, Chevy optra, also it was in my xfigo

Top Bottom