Varun: By tomorrow I will paint the cowl plastic also in black by tomorrow.
Releesh: Any paint that is sprayed on this type of old rim will tend to get scratched easily, in that case black will not look good after getting scratches. Since the previous colour was also silver. But I do agree that black rims for this colour combo does look good.
Sumit: Thanks for your feedback, keep it coming. I totally forgot to cover the condenser!
THE BIG UPDATE: Final Spray Painting done
Today the whole thing was successful due to 2 of my friends, the WagonR guy took an off from his job and the other guy spoke to his neighbours in the apartment and got approval for painting and parking and electricity usage as well.
There was a White Chevy beat parked in his apartment and we had to wait till 11am for it to leave then we I parked my car in and started off with masking etc
Before reaching the spot I washed the car at my home and used 800emri (sandpaper rubbing with water) to soften most of the panels.
Once the masking was done, I carefully mixed the PU Paint with thinner and hardener (ratios as advised by the guru) and started to spray a few masked areas (trial run on newspaper) then went in this order
Door inner edges and running board
Fender + 2 doors and rear quarter panel (on one side then the other) Few troubles midway
1. The gun kept on jamming (one of the 2 air holes gets choked frequently)
2. Severe pain in right arm due to painting roof (Painting a roof is as tiring as painting the rest of the car)
3. Some of the masked areas where not holding up resulting in the window glasses getting painted
4. The matt black finish on the door edges do not support the masking tape hence these areas could not be masked and yesterday's work is ruined a bit. I will just summarise how it looks now
1. Better than what it used to be.
2. Right side is not that great, left side if good (much better than right side)
3. Roof is rough (due to paint smoke) will have to smoothen it using 1000 emri
4. one patch near the rear number plate is not nice
5. I will rate myself 6 (max) out of 10
6. Running board patch work (body filler work not up to the mark)
May be Sumit or Varun or Sreejesh or Speedyguy or Figoian or any Bangalore TAI
member can have a look at it and share their feedback here.
Too tired to type any more so please enjoy pics, no descriptions this time.