Strange Problem with My Bullet STD UCE

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

My bull is a 2011 model std UCE with a short bottle silencer and with 9450km on odo. It's a pleasure to ride it and the beat is very nice as well(not so loud but has enough bass)[:)].

But last week noticed something strange with my bull. The beat gets louder(very loud) and the kicker gets hard after a journey of around 100km. But if give a wash after the engine gets cold or after keeping it in garage overnight, everything seems normal.
Recently, when cleaning the air filter myself, the black hose running from air filter box to right side engine case, was found broken at the air filter box end[frustration]. Is it something related to the issue? or is it engine over heating due to incorrect carburetor tuning(do we need to tune carburetor after silencer/exhaust change?).

And one more question, what is the small box(switch like black box) under left side of the seat(just above battery compartment), with a cable connected to it?

Sorry for so many questions at once. Waiting for your advise.

Thanks
Silversteed007.

The pipe connecting to the filter could be the crankcase ventilation.Do not let water get into it.If water has gone inside, then change the pipe and change the engine oil too.

To check if your carb is running properly take it to a PUC center and check the hydrocarbon level.If its high its means the bike is running rich.You can cross examine it with the PUC certificate from before the new exhaust was installed.

I am not sure of black box, it could be a fuse box.

Thread Starter #3
The pipe connecting to the filter could be the crankcase ventilation.Do not let water get into it.If water has gone inside, then change the pipe and change the engine oil too.

To check if your carb is running properly take it to a PUC center and check the hydrocarbon level.If its high its means the bike is running rich.You can cross examine it with the PUC certificate from before the new exhaust was installed.

I am not sure of black box, it could be a fuse box.
Thank you JarPickle, for your valuable input. Is there any other way to identify the carb setting? Also when I asked about the issue to a bullet mechanic, he told me that it may be due to ECU complaint [confused]. Is there an ECU present in a std 350 UCE? (don't think so as it has a carb - not sure though:stupid: Please advise.

Thanks
Silversteed007.

Mechanics don't really know what they talk about sometimes.Please refer to your owners manual for all the details.

If you want to tune the carb, you have to do the PUC test and check.The level of hydrocarbons should tell if if it rich or lean.

Check the color of the spark plug tips.If the white insulator has a pinkish tint on it.It means the engine is working perfectly.

Thread Starter #5
Mechanics don't really know what they talk about sometimes.Please refer to your owners manual for all the details.

If you want to tune the carb, you have to do the PUC test and check.The level of hydrocarbons should tell if if it rich or lean.

Check the color of the spark plug tips.If the white insulator has a pinkish tint on it.It means the engine is working perfectly.
UPDATE: Was lucky enough to find a competent mechanic and did a fine tuning. The issue didn't surface after that for a 150 km ride. Hope the tuning took care of it. The good thing is that the back fire(spluttering noise when decelerating) from the exhaust also vanished now.[clap]

And asked about the black box too. It is the Throttle Position Switch (TPS).

more details in this link. http://www.********.com/forum/motor...sition-switch-thunderbird-twin-spark-uce.html

Regards
SilverSteed007.

UPDATE: Was lucky enough to find a competent mechanic and did a fine tuning. The issue didn't surface after that for a 150 km ride. Hope the tuning took care of it. The good thing is that the back fire(spluttering noise when decelerating) from the exhaust also vanished now.[clap]

And asked about the black box too. It is the Throttle Position Switch (TPS).

more details in this link. http://www.********.com/forum/motor...sition-switch-thunderbird-twin-spark-uce.html

Regards
SilverSteed007.
That's awesome news.Hope the bike continues to perform that way.

Also get a PUC check done and save the readings.In the future if you have to tune the carb yourself in the future.Also mark the position of the Throttle cable in the Throtte switch box.

Thread Starter #7
That's awesome news.Hope the bike continues to perform that way.

Also get a PUC check done and save the readings.In the future if you have to tune the carb yourself in the future.Also mark the position of the Throttle cable in the Throtte switch box.
Thanks Jarpickle! Me too wish for the same!

Sure, will do!

Regards,
Silversteed007.

Top Bottom