Noise and Loss of Pick Up in Santro Automatic

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I drive a santro automatic 2006 with over 77k done.

For the past 5000 km I experience a loud chu chu sound accomapined with loss of luck up. When it happens most is in undermentiomed cases..

When car has slowed on a highway from 70 to 40 and I try pressing accelrator again
AND
When I try to pick up from low speeds

My assessment is that car is finding it difficult to engage the right gear.

One guy told me clutch plates needs rwplacement with a cost of 18k.
Another guy said he suspect the same,however he would change transmissiom oil first. This was last changed at 50k I guess.

Concidently this started 500kms of timing belt change. Though guy said two are not connected.

All this result in horrible driving experience.

Last edited:
Get the compression test done on the engine.

The sound you are talking about could be due to a worn belt.It could be the Timing belt or the AC belt or the Alternator belt.

The sound could be due the tensioner bearing in the timing belt or the belt is coming in contact with something.

When the car is in motion, place your hand on the gearstick and check if you feel any clunking or shuddering.Have you tried using thicker gear oil, it is not a long term fix but a band aid fix.I am not sure which one would be suitable for an auto transmission, on the manual we can use Ep140.

Thread Starter #3
Get the compression test done on the engine.

The sound you are talking about could be due to a worn belt.It could be the Timing belt or the AC belt or the Alternator belt.

The sound could be due the tensioner bearing in the timing belt or the belt is coming in contact with something.

When the car is in motion, place your hand on the gearstick and check if you feel any clunking or shuddering.Have you tried using thicker gear oil, it is not a long term fix but a band aid fix.I am not sure which one would be suitable for an auto transmission, on the manual we can use Ep140.
Well,this sound stop when I turn off the AC. Also strangely this started 500 kms after change of timing belt....if its due to timing belt time for me to blast that guy as he tried to fool me by suggesting its due to clutch issue

The AC and Alternator are all connected to the engine and when fitting the new timing belt maybe the installation was not done properly.

Get the timing belt tensioner checked or replaced if you have not done already.Get the Timing belt,AC and alternator belts tightened properly.

Check the AC gas level as well.

Top Bottom