Alignment Problem in New Volkswagen Passat

Thread Starter #1
Just bought a passat TL a week ago. The car keeps pulling to left. To keep the car straight I have to pull the steering to right and hold it. Guys help me to find out the problem to solve the issue. Wheel alignment done twice. Still no help.

It is very strange that a VW car (that too a new one) has this kind of alignment issue. Most Authorised Service centers have wheel alignment equipment with them, so I suggest you to go back to the Sales Executive & check with their mechanics to see why this issue has come up.

Did the car hit any speed breaker at high speed? where you holding on to the brakes when the car touched the hump/pothole?

VW Quality:
VW provides much tougher cars than most Japanese/Korean car makers in India, it must be either a very small issue (suspension settinsg etc) / something serious (chassy related) otherwise a new car would not come up with this issue easily.

Try to check if the car has this leftward pull only when it is fully loaded/ with 2 people/ with only driver, that also can give clues about the issue. Last but not least, try to check if this issue exists on all roads. Usually roads which are 2way & dont have any median in the middle, will be taller in the middle & leans towards the outer edge of the road. So all cars feel the left ward pull on such roads. Try driving on very smooth highway kind of roads too (with more than 2 lanes on each side & a median in between).

Do not ignore this problem, investigate the issue, get it fixed asap. If not tyres will get worned out unevenly & the whole point of buying such an expensive car is lost.

Thread Starter #3
Mr. Ss80, no I didn't hit the car in any kind of rough surface or speed humps. Wheel alignment was done by the dealer second day after delivery. I am taking the car back to dealer on Friday.I hope the issue is minor.will update shortly.

350Z

Core Team
Just bought a passat TL a week ago. The car keeps pulling to left. To keep the car straight I have to pull the steering to right and hold it. Guys help me to find out the problem to solve the issue. Wheel alignment done twice. Still no help.
It’s quite shocking that quality related complaints are cropping up against new Volkswagens of late. Since car was bought just a week ago, onus lies on the manufacturer to get it fixed. Be in touch with the workshop and check what they’ve to pinpoint. I’d recommend insisting for replacement of the car in case the issue sounds major enough. This could be a warning call for more issues to surface again in the future. Edit: Is the car in question taken from an older stock (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/13692-planning-buy-2012-vw-passat.html)?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Mr. 350z, yes this car is 2012 manufactured. I am on my way to the dealership. Response from dealership is good for now. At some stage I was excepting problems from the vehicle but not this early.

Thread Starter #6
Back from dealership problem still not changed. Not quite sure how to proceed further. I have written a strong email to the dealership. Will wait for reply and take it from there I guess...

It seems like a common problem with VWs in general. Many Polo owners face the same problem (including me). My friend's Jetta also has the same problem and it still hasn't been rectified (same with my car). Wheel alignment temporarily fixes it but it goes back to the usual self after sometime [anger]

It seems like a common problem with VWs in general. Many Polo owners face the same problem (including me). My friend's Jetta also has the same problem and it still hasn't been rectified (same with my car). Wheel alignment temporarily fixes it but it goes back to the usual self after sometime [anger]
Have you tried emailing the company directly?What do they have to say about the issue?

Thread Starter #9
Guys, our sales person has request me to visit the dealership on Monday for a through inspection. He has assured me that the problem will be rectified the same day.

Top Bottom