Acceleration Issues in Fiat Linea MJD 2012

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I bought a New Linea MJD on May 2012. The Car has done around 33000 kms.. I am facing an issue for the last 6 months, but it happens only for some time.
Issue is, whenever i am not using the car for more than 8 or 10 days, And on 11th day, when i start the car, i could not able to get the pickup (Acceleration) .

Suddenly the car is losing the power, but in Idle its accelerating. I could not able to see any smoke. I checked the car in Coimbatore FIAT service (CAI). They are suggesting to clean the fuel lines, Turbo lines if the problem persists.

If i switch off and On again, then the problem slowly goes off and its back to form.
Anyone faced the problem mentioned above, kindly throw some light.

Never thought I'd say this but I think the diagnosis of Fiat guys is correct. Since the problem occurs due to the car being kept in disuse for a few days and goes away after driving it for some time, it could have something to do with clogged fuel line/turbo. Try this jugaad first: after starting the car, let it idle for a minute or two and then rev the engine to around 3000 rpm in 3-4 short bursts and see if the problem goes away. Get the air filter and the throttle body cleaned too.

When did you last get your Linea serviced?

I am no technical guru, but I think that's the way diesel cars behave. until it reaches the operational temperature it will behave like filters are cogged up. That also driving car after 8-10 days, car needs some time to get going.

I may be wrong in saying this. But this is what I feel.

Yes, I too agree. It is not an issue. The diesel engine need to reach a optimal temp to perform as expected and diesel engine take more time to heat up.
I am not in favor of doing the turbo shooting when car is in ideal. Do this when car is running in gear may be running in 2nd gear with rpm above 3000 will do the job.

you need to take a long drive to let the engine breathe . that is let the turbo reach an opportune temp.

Once the car reaches operating temperature, drive at lower gears but higher RPMs for few KMs and this should sort out things for you.

Top Bottom