Acetone Performance Report

Thread Starter #1
Today i used Acetone second time in my life. In past i used acetone on my splendor plus and zen petrol {carburetor model } Then it gives a little performance gain and little bit mileage gain too.
But today i used in my Fuel injection Glamour , nothing changed nor performance nor mileage {it has a real time mileage meter }

Verdict :- acetone worked a little bit for carburetor models but nothing for ECU fuel injection models, they are already very efficient.

Please tell me your experience , especially about HHO kits.

Thread Starter #3
Re: The Acetone Performance Report

Buddy what is the acetone ? can its Work On 2005 pulsar dtsi model ..
Acetone is a chemical typically used as nail polish remover , but some people used it for performance and mileage gain as a a petrol additive .But in my experience there are more good ways to do it , Cleaning inside the exhaust pipe and free flow filter is a good bet.

Re: The Acetone Performance Report

Acetone is not good for rubber parts.If the rubber parts are exposed to acetone for long periods they will perish.

Can I mix Acetone with Petrol for better results?

Hi Guyzzz!
Again, My unstoppable hands was googling and browsing and saw an article of experience of adding Acetone in T***-B** Forums.
There were many info regarding cars but not for 2-wheelers. There was one info for Kinetic Nova 135.
I am thinking to try it on my Kinetic Honda (Yes, a 2stroke. The info I saw there was Kinetic 4stroke.)
Your Ideas/Suggestions/Comments????

Re: Can I mix Acetone with Petrol for better results?

What's Acetone bro ? Anyway,You mix Oil with Petrol right ? Then why are you trying this bro ? Also,Check your Engine condition before you do this bro.

Bharath, Google it bro!
For more info, see here: Click Here
Acetone (systematically named propanone) is the organic compound with the formula (CH3)2CO. It is a colorless, volatile, flammable liquid, and is the simplest ketone. Source: Wikipedia
Acetone is a form of octane. It is the paint thinner that we use (Ex: Nail polish remover, normal paint remover, NC thinner, etc etc).
It vapourises the fuel more and every drop of fuel is burnt more efficiently.

Last edited:

Hi Guyzzz!
Again, My unstoppable hands was googling and browsing and saw an article of experience of adding Acetone in T***-B** Forums.
There were many info regarding cars but not for 2-wheelers. There was one info for Kinetic Nova 135.
I am thinking to try it on my Kinetic Honda (Yes, a 2stroke. The info I saw there was Kinetic 4stroke.)
Uhhh... Apparently it is a bad idea. Take a look at this:

My guess is, based on experience and intuition, that acetone mixed with gasoline will degrade the fuel lines faster than gas alone. The acetone won't really be affected terribly in its destructive properties toward your hose by the gas other than to serve as a dilutent so it will be slower than pure acetone. Why it does this I'm not exactly sure, but ketones are notorious for swelling polymers, leaching out plasticizers, things like that. It may be doing some of these things.

It is true that a lower flash point fuel will improve fuel economy; this is why cheaper grade gasoline gives you better gas mileage--it's got a lower flash point. However, you can also get 'pinging' in the engine--pre-ignition sparking coming from the gas igniting too early. This isn't good for your car. In addition, if you have a high-performance car, the compression in the cylinders REQUIRES a better grade fuel with a higher flash point to run correctly.

Also remember that acetone is about 5% water, something you don't want to put in your engine. I doubt there is an interaction between acetone and gas that will damage your fuel lines, but you probably don't want to add acetone for the following reasons:

1. Pre-ignition of the fuel
2. Damage to fuel lines from normal acetone properties
3. Water in acetone condenses inside cylinders, or rusts out your gas tank
4. Ketones and other oxygen-bearing organics like ethanol have been known to produce carcinogenic incomplete combustion products in exhaust.
Src Acetone mixed with Gasoline

But fret not, there should be more additives around. All the best!

P.S. This is an interesting topic. If you don't mind, pls PM me the T-B link :smile:

Edit: Just read your post. Was typing, hence didn't know :smile:

Last edited:

I'd advise you to put some whiskey or rum in the fuel tank. I have been thinking what can be the effect of overdose of whiskey or rum on the car; maybe mine will turn into a Bentley (at least I feel like sitting in one at the end:stupid:)
So my advise will be adding some whiskey(BD 18 Y.O. is fantastic BTW) or rum in the fuel tank, maybe your motorcycle will start performing like a Hayabusa. [evil]
What say?

Last edited:

@TSIVipul
Well, Confused me.

@Shrid
Mostly all the fuel additive are based on Acetone. It is mentioned in the above link I shared (Not sure about the page!!!).

@Shrid
I think the data you provided is for Cars right?
I am going to use on a Scooter. Is there any problem?

@TSIVipul
You got to explain me that post!

@Shrid
I think the data you provided is for Cars right?
I am going to use on a Scooter. Is there any problem?
Well, since there IS a fuel tank on the scooter, I guess rusting due to condensation of water may happen (Maybe you can coat the inside surface with some water resistant material?). Then there are the fuel lines - Unless the material is a li'l different from cars, I think it is applicable to that too. And lastly, the cylinders. I doubt rusting will be happening where it gets that hot and no fuel remains!

Might be the pre-ignition doesn't damage 2T engines but the exhaust thing may be applicable (edited; wasn't able to recall the points)
RVSB said:
@TSIVipul
You got to explain me that post!
He's prolly suggesting you to add alcohol to fuel! (Hope Mods don't mind if we discuss about the fuel additive!)

OT - Bharath, you stole my idea of profile pic! :biggrin: I was thinking about using that meme as my PP for long (but never got to do it [sleep])!

Last edited:

Top Bottom