Water Getting in My Maruti Suzuki Eeco.

Thread Starter #1
Hello,
I was taken aback while cleaning my car today.
I removed the carpet to clean dust from the car. I found rust spots there.
02082013087.jpg
02082013088.jpg
02082013089.jpg
02082013090.jpg
02082013091.jpg
today when i took the car for a short drive in the rains I found water dripping in the car from the blower pipe ( I dont know the correct technical name)
please look at the pictures and guide me as what to do.
Photo-0033.jpg
Photo-0034.jpg

What should I do?
should i paint the car from inside or any other method..please guide me

Thanks

Hey that is the water from AC compressor I had this issue with my Swift Zxi had to take many times to Service center to fix it. I was told that was a default issue and the compressor water outlet should be checked for any block. I would suggest to do a rubber paint coat in the passenger area that will save from rust.

You need to find the source of the leak and try to fix that before you paint.

You can try 3M underseal.You will have to scrape the paint so that the coating can adhere to it.

Thread Starter #5
Hey that is the water from AC compressor I had this issue with my Swift Zxi had to take many times to Service center to fix it. I was told that was a default issue and the compressor water outlet should be checked for any block. I would suggest to do a rubber paint coat in the passenger area that will save from rust.
Mine is a non ac car..so theres no connection with compressor water.
Will take the vehicle to the service center and ask them.

Check and replace these bushes, the water may be entering the cabin through these bushes at rainy season.
The white bushes that you have market are the ones that hold carpet in place.

Will get them replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jayesh,

EECO is a big car with big doors (compared to other cars) & hence even if you open the door for a few seconds during rain/ if windows are not closed properly during water wash then good amount of water enters the car & the carpets will soak & store the water for a long time. This could be the reason for rusting. However you can try applying this 3m product or any similar underbody coat for the inner floor area, it can prevent rusting for sure.

Thread Starter #7
You need to find the source of the leak and try to fix that before you paint.

You can try 3M underseal.You will have to scrape the paint so that the coating can adhere to it.
I will look into it, Think will have search for 3m underseal.

Hi Jayesh,

EECO is a big car with big doors (compared to other cars) & hence even if you open the door for a few seconds during rain/ if windows are not closed properly during water wash then good amount of water enters the car & the carpets will soak & store the water for a long time. This could be the reason for rusting. However you can try applying this 3m product or any similar underbody coat for the inner floor area, it can prevent rusting for sure.
Is this product available locally or will have to purchase online.
Do I need to repaint the car floor after applying 3M underseal

Thread Starter #9
Hello,
Am back after visiting Service centre.
My advisor checked the car as per my complain, he suggeated 2 things.

1. The water may be entering through the beeding on windshield.(the front glass)
2. I could have left the switch in AC to fresh air mode.

We tested the windshield for any water leackage through pressure water test, theres no leackage.
will have to check the other option in rains.

Regarding the rust marks , he suggeated colouring the floor black.

rest everythings ok.

Once you apply the 3m coat, there is no need for any paint on it, just use the carpet as usual. This 3m/similar rubber coats are available in tins in all auto paint shops, if you see any shop that has boards like ESSDEE/ DUPONT/ 2K etc you should be able to get it from there.

Just ask them to cover all the clips and water drain plugs properly.Once that coat is applied if they are not covered they will be hard to find.

Thread Starter #13
Use the 3M underseal coating, it is more durable than normal paint.
Once you apply the 3m coat, there is no need for any paint on it, just use the carpet as usual. This 3m/similar rubber coats are available in tins in all auto paint shops, if you see any shop that has boards like ESSDEE/ DUPONT/ 2K etc you should be able to get it from there.
Just ask them to cover all the clips and water drain plugs properly.Once that coat is applied if they are not covered they will be hard to find.
Ok will do as per instructions from everyone....... :)
will purchase 3m underseal on monday

Top Bottom