Figo: Annoying Rattling Sound From Rear Wheel / Suspension

Thread Starter #1
I have six month old Figo Diesel. For the past few days, I hear metal/bottle rattling sound from back suspension or in the back side of the car. I usually drive single or with one front passenger. Tyre pressure is 33 front and 35 rear. I know 35 is more for rear but I have that to avoid scrapping underbody when I drive with 3+ passengers.

The unusual metal/bottle rattling sound comes even driving in a smooth road with little ups and down. Any idea what is happening?

Thanks!

Re: Figo:Annoying bottle rattling sound from back wheel/suspension

I have six month old Figo Diesel. For the past few days, I hear metal/bottle rattling sound from back suspension or in the back side of the car. I usually drive single or with one front passenger. Tyre pressure is 33 front and 35 rear. I know 35 is more for rear but I have that to avoid scrapping underbody when I drive with 3+ passengers.

The unusual metal/bottle rattling sound comes even driving in a smooth road with little ups and down. Any idea what is happening?

Thanks!
Guess it's from the C-Pillar which is a common compliant in Figo.

Also, fold your rear seat back rest and check the clamps that holds the back rest. You can try taping it with normal insulation tape and lock it again. If the rattle persists, take it to FASS. They will be able to to fix it as it's a known issue.

I have faced similar problem in our Wagon R . MSIL morons claimed that they resolved the issuetwice.

Finally I diagnosed it.It was rattling rear number plate.

Thread Starter #6
Most welcome. BTW, is the issue resolved?
The issue is partially resolved by Ford Service center.

Now the problem is, I hear bottle rattling sound rarely when driving alone or with only one passenger; But when the car is fully loaded with 5 passenger, I hear squiking sound (looks like it comes from Rear right suspension.

I am planning to get it rectified with second free service which will be due in next 1000 kms. I hope it will not cause much damage to car if I continue driving with this problem for next 1000 kms. Please throw some light if you have any thoughts.

Thanks!

I have faced similar problem in our Wagon R . MSIL morons claimed that they resolved the issuetwice.

Finally I diagnosed it.It was rattling rear number plate.
Thanks for your reply. In my car now the sound comes only when driving alone or with one passenger. Look to me this sound is coming from suspension or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this issue from my Figo from rear left suspension like plastic bottle rolling and crushing noise Initially it was weird for me used to stop aside and check beneath if something broke. Also front suspension were noisy.

Last edited:
I had this issue from my Figo from rear left suspension like plastic bottle rolling and crushing noise Initially it was weird for me used to stop aside and check beneath if something broke. Also front suspension were noisy.
My car has the same noise these days. What is exactly the problem ? How did you resolve it?

My car has the same noise these days. What is exactly the problem ? How did you resolve it?
Was your car recently water serviced. The funny part was the paper like plastic inside the wheel arc that serve to protect dirt getting on the underneath from tyre. The cheap plastic like paper makes the noise. I was shocked to see it was just a sheet of plastic paper which gets misplaced when water washed. Also see if the spare wheel is tightened.

Top Bottom