Chevrolet Beat 1.2LT Fuel Pump Problem

Thread Starter #1
hi all my Chevy beat producing humming noise from right rear end, seems like its coming from fuel pump. The problem getting only on long drives. when I went to checkup at their Thrissur service center they, can't diagnose the problem they are keep telling that I should re produce the sound in front of them without that they can't do anything on that. I asked them to keep vehicle with them and do a through checkup and get back to me, but they are not willing to do so. did anyone faced same problem with Chevrolet vehicles ?

Dear vinayan,

Noise from right rear side could be due to several reasons. If the noise is from fuel pump, it should be heard at all times and not only on long drives. It is indeed difficult to diagnose the source of noise without having a look at your Beat. What kind of noise is it? Would it be possible for you to post a video clip of the noise?

Regards,
Sam

Thread Starter #3
am not getting this problem on daily usage only on long trips. Do a google search you can see too many people complaining the same problem with their beat manufactured before 2012.

Vinayan, you need to go to the Service station diagnose the problem.If the fuel pump makes noise at long drives is because it could be under stress and might be giving out.

If the problem is in a lot of cars you need to contact the manufacturer and see where they stand.

You can contact them via the details found on this page:http://www.chevrolet.co.in/info-center/contact-us.html or via email on gmi.cac@gm.com

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Vinayan, you need to go to the Service station diagnose the problem.If the fuel pump makes noise at long drives is because it could be under stress and might be giving out.

If the problem is in a lot of cars you need to contact the manufacturer and see where they stand.

You can contact them via the details found on this page:http://www.chevrolet.co.in/info-center/contact-us.html or via email on gmi.cac@gm.com
tried to send mail on both ways but they are not responding

Last edited:
Have you tried contacting them via telephone?

Have you brought this problem to the attention of the A.S.S?If not, then you should.If yes, then what was their diagnosis?

Thread Starter #7
Received mail from Chevrolet India and service center regarding this , from customercare a usual reply like we are forwarding to concerned ASS .

Below the content of the mail received from service center

Dear Sir,

We refer to your mail & like to inform you the below detail

The vehicle was received on 19/7/2013 for the concern mentioned in your mail. Though a complete check up related to the same has been done and a joint test-drive for about 48km, the concern reported by you could not able to re produce & no malfunction indication reported in the vehicle

Upon inspection no abnormality is found against the concern you had raised & we informed to you accordingly . More over as a special case we have offered fuel for joint test carried out

Kindly contact us any further clarification in this regards

Last edited:
How long does it take from the problem to surface?Since you did 48kms and it did not pop up.

Have you tried to check the electrical connections to the fuel pump from the ignition?One of the members was facing a fuel pump problem and it was due to a bad coupler that joins the ignition wires to the fuel pump.Check the ground connections as well.

Agree with jarpickle. I think we would be able to suggest you better if you could let us have an idea what kind of a sound is it (khat khat, woosh woosh, khdngg khdngg...).

hi all my Chevy beat producing humming noise from right rear end, seems like its coming from fuel pump. The problem getting only on long drives. when I went to checkup at their Thrissur service center they, can't diagnose the problem they are keep telling that I should re produce the sound in front of them without that they can't do anything on that. I asked them to keep vehicle with them and do a through checkup and get back to me, but they are not willing to do so. did anyone faced same problem with Chevrolet vehicles ?

Hi Vinayan, thank you for raising this. Kindly share your contact details at gmi.cac@gm.com and we shall get in touch with you regarding this.

My Beat has the same problem. May 2011 model. Since a long time it has been making that humming noise on power on and ignition. And mine is regular. The sound is from right rear and is increasing with time. and since last few days I see starting problem with my car. I reported that to Kolkata service center many times. But they are clueless. Then a mechanic there told me that this is from the fuel pump and is a known issue with 2011 models. when the car is in warranty, they ignore all problems and somehow provide a temporary workaround. Is there anything we can do?

Hi.
Make a fuel pressure test
Pressure must be in the manufacture specific range.
35 to 45~
Do you have long crank start issues?
May be fuel pump itself be a issue or self priming circuit may be humming.
Make sure the pump is bolted tightly.
Or even it may be brakes or suspension noise!

Hi Guys,
I am Deepak from Hyderabad, I have Chevrolet Beat petrol 2012 model.
I have the exact same issue as described above since I bought the car.

Detailed Issue :
- Immediately after I bought my car I went on a long trip to Srisailam, while returning we noticed the humming noise from the car but only when the clutch was engaged and only when we were at very low speeds.

- After that whenever I was in heavy traffic (low speed) & frequently using the clutch, I could some times hear this humming noise but not always.

- The humming noise is prominent when the vehicles is heated up

- The humming noise also increase if you use any thing which cause more electrical usage in the car, for eg if you use the roll u the window glass using power window, or turn on-off the headlight or use hazard/parking light .. anything which increases electrical usage in the car.
If you switch on and off your headlight during this time you will clearly notice a change in the humming noise increase and decreasing with your activity.

- For 3 year in every service I have been complaining about this issue to my service center, i had no idea about the real cause of the problem so I told them the symptoms, but the guys receiving my car were too dumb to understand and communicate it to the mechanics

yesterday when I went into the workshop and talked to an experienced mechanic about this, he was instantly able to figure our the issue without even looking at the car. He asked me the symptom and on confirming he told me it was definitely a fuel pump issue

Today I went to fix some issue to the center and incidently the same mechanic was working on that, he switched on the car and noticed the noise,
he opened the back seat and showed me the fuel pump and made he hear the increase and decrease in noise based on electrical usage as described above.

Unfortunately my car is out of warrant just 15 days back !, if it was in warranty it would have been easily replaced.

According to me this a manufacturing defect in this model

Top Bottom