Ford Ikon Acceleration Automatically Increasing

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have a ford ikon 1.3 petrol, 2007 model. Last month, I got struck in Uttrakhand flash floods and water entered my car's engine. In brief, the engine got damaged and had to be overhauled. Since, the cost at Ford Service was coming out to be very very costly, I got it done from a local mechanic.

The car is running now but the problem is that it starts over-racing in about 5 minutes after ignition. The mechanic tells me that it is the race sensor which is damaged and that I will have to get it changed. He suggests that it is a very costly part and tells me that he has been trying to get a second hand one but has been unsuccessful.

I wanted to get an opinion from this group if what he tells me may be correct? Is there something called as a race sensor which is responsible for controlling the car's race?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Sameer

Yes.. there is acc sensor. I would suggest you to check with a obd2 scanner. Also, just to make sure, please chech physically that anything is putting pressure in acc pedal?? (like floor mat)

Top Bottom