800 Carb is a fantastic car & very few things can actually go wrong if you park it for a long time.
1. Battery - good that you replaced it
2. Cranking but not starting - fuel supply could be a issue. So just pour about a few ml of petrol into the carb opening & try cranking the car
3. Leave the key in on position & press the throttle pedal a few times & then try to crank (with pedal half pressed)
4. Check the fuel line (highlighted in pink colour in this pic below), when key is in on position it should pump petrol.
5. When you crank does the belt work? (dynamo belt & pulleys) If yes its only fuel supply & battery that you need to worry about.
Check the last page in my thread - may be useful to you. Do remove the airfilter box completely before doing so. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post308250