A/C Noise From Engine in Ford Fiesta

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I have a problem with the AC....that a noise is produced (after some time of switching on the AC) - as if engine is heavily loaded...
The engine also become less powered.
This happens at unequal intervals, mostly when the climate out is hot.
The temperature level is not set to full & the blower level is set at 2.

What could be the reason?

Please help me.

Thanks,
Vikalp Luthra.

Hey is this your first car? Is this petrol or diesel engine? Ford cars are noisy external compared to ddis or crdi engines. Can you be more specific?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Hi, Yes this is my first car.
This is a petrol car, with a 1.4 duratec engine.
This is a used car of 2007 model, which I bought in Nov. 2012.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
52500kms.
I dont know whether the radiator coolant was replaced or not, at the time of purchase, but the level was full & the service guys didnt say anything about it during the first service too.

350Z

Core Team
I have a problem with the AC....that a noise is produced (after some time of switching on the AC) - as if engine is heavily loaded. The engine also become less powered. This happens at unequal intervals, mostly when the climate out is hot.
That’s a normal nature of Fiesta. I too have heard this sound and assume it’s the radiator fan at work. Though mine is 1.6 Duratec and there’s no power drop.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Thanks 350Z for the reply.
Its good that the power doesn't drop.
What happens in my car is that it becomes less accelerating....but once it has picked up momentum & at higher gears it drives speedily with no problem.
It accelerates slowly, even when throttling more, is what concerns me.
As you said the fan belt is driven by engine so I think this might be taking up(lowering) power.

Do you idle the car for a minute after you start it?If not, try that.

Let the engine get warm enough before you turn on the air conditioner.That way there won't be any noticeable power drops.

Keep an eye on the temperature needle when the power drop happens.See if the engine overheats.If so, then you need to service the radiator fan and flush the radiator.

Use a fuel system cleaner with the fuel.This will help clean out the fuel lines and help improve performance.Try cyclo or 3M fuel system cleaners.

Next thing to check is the condition of the clutch, since you are a new driver you need to check the clutch.If it is worn out you should change it.That will also lead to a sluggish car.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks jarpickle for the reply.
I do not turn on the ac immediately after turning on the engine. But soon enough before the engine gets warm. I will keep this point in mind.
The temperature needle doesn't point to higher temperatures, but still I will recheck this point, especially at the time of that noise.
About the fuel cleaner....where do I put that fluid? in the petrol tank, or somewhere else??
Even I doubt about the clutch....i'll get it checked.

The fuel system cleaner will go into the fuel tank.You can check the instructions that are mentioned by the respective manufacturers of the products.

You have started another thread regarding a brake and suspension issue.You could have mentioned that problem in this thread as well.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...13416-brake-noise-ford-fiesta.html#post304044

This is my answer to your queries on that thread.

The suspension is made up of different components, at any given time any one of them will give way.You should have replaced the components based on their service life.

At 50000kms a lot of components need to be changed if they were not already.The details of these components will be mentioned in your owners manual.

Btw, you mentioned you were from Chembur.Where in Chembur?

Thread Starter #11
Hi jarpickle,
actually I wanted the threads to be separate for clarity of solutions.

I live in Madhugiri Apts., near Diamond Garden, opposite K-Star Mall, besides St.Gregorious school. (....many landmarks [:)])

Where in Mumbai do you live?

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Thane and Chembur, near Twinkle Start Apts in Chembur.

Don't start too many threads, they will eventually be merged.Go by the one car one thread rule.Just number your problems and the members will answer them accordingly.

Vikalp11. The A/C sound would be sometimes due to some stuff like paper get in through the A/C Vents.the problem with Fiesta A/C vents is they keep closing down so some people try hold them using hard paper.i wonder if you have done this sometime in the past??

Top Bottom