Unlocking Your Car in Emergency

Thread Starter #1
Assume guys, you are out of your town or some place which is far away from your home. When you are trying to unlock your car door with remote and it is not working. How we will manage. I know you can simple open with keys. But after opening with keys wont the alarm goes on?

Secondly, I was given with two remotes. out of that one remote is broken now. I tried to fix it using FeviQuick and i have managed to bring it to the original position [But still the ON/OFF switch is missing] I do not know how long it might last.

Shall we get an spare remote which might be useful for my car?
Or should i have to visit Auto COP directly asking for an spare one?

Re: In case of Emergency - Car remote related

For long trip, I always handover the spare key/remote to wife which she keep safely in her hand bag or luggage. We do not know when some unwanted situation can arise.

Even for a long bike ride I give the spare bike key to my pillion rider now it's my wife.

In case if it has to be opened using key and alarm is still buzzing then you can disconnect the alarm under the hood. MASS guy has shown me once I had spoiled my remote in a waterfall but somehow it worked that day and I came home without any hassle.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-car-key-safe-amusement-parks-waterfalls.html

Thread Starter #3

Thank you friend. Even I have a spare key in my wallet always. If I wear Dhoti [Veshti] I always make sure my wallet is with my wife's hand bag. [This habit is there with me from my M800 days where I did not had any remote locking facility] But I dont carry the remote with me.

Issue will be, yes I have the key but I do not want to pull crowd towards my car due to alarm when I open the car with key when it is locked using remote lock.

is there anyway we can get a another/duplicate remote ? if yes I dont mind keeping one in my wife's handbag.

And i also should know how to disconnect it from mains.

Couple of weeks back I have seen a Ford fiesta which was speeding up with alarms on. I think he must be rushing to the nearest workshop.

Here which type car remote is being discussed ,is it Company fitted or aftermarket fit.

Last edited:

These days car keys come with immobilizer,even if you open the door but it will not start until the mapping is done at service center. I have got my remote replaced after waterfall incidence and it cost me INR800 and they have remapped the new remote.

I guess you can get the duplicate remote as I have got from MGA.

I am talking about factory fitted auto lock for Ertiga ZDI.

Thread Starter #7

These days car keys come with immobilizer,even if you open the door but it will not start until the mapping is done at service center. I have got my remote replaced after waterfall incidence and it cost me INR800 and they have remapped the new remote.

I guess you can get the duplicate remote as I have got from MGA.

I am talking about factory fitted auto lock for Ertiga ZDI.
in my case it is after market and the remote is separate.

I think, In company fitted remote, even if you open the lock using the key and start the car, the alarm will not generate.

Thank you friend. Even I have a spare key in my wallet always. If I wear Dhoti [Veshti] I always make sure my wallet is with my wife's hand bag. [This habit is there with me from my M800 days where I did not had any remote locking facility] But I dont carry the remote with me.

Issue will be, yes I have the key but I do not want to pull crowd towards my car due to alarm when I open the car with key when it is locked using remote lock.

is there anyway we can get a another/duplicate remote ? if yes I dont mind keeping one in my wife's handbag.

And i also should know how to disconnect it from mains.

Couple of weeks back I have seen a Ford fiesta which was speeding up with alarms on. I think he must be rushing to the nearest workshop.
Sethu, even if you get a duplicate remote from the same company of the keyless entry it won't work.
Each remote have to be coded to the security system before use.
you cannot code the duplicate remote just bought without opening the door.
So first thing you have to do is open the door with the key and open the hood by pulling the cable and disconnect the wire which is attached to the main terminal of the car battery.
Usually the wire has a socket which can be easily removed by our bare hands, and if the alarm stops and the indicators are still blinking, then go through the same wire and you may find a fuse attached to the wire,
by removing the fuse the indicator will stop blinking defusing the system.
This will take at least 3 to 4 minutes.
The alarm will sound till the socket is removed.
It have to because the system is not just a key less entry to the car, but it is a security system.

@amit1km
I think you are right the sensor may sense the chip on the key and may not sound the alarm.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

Alex thanks. But I did not asked about spare/duplicate remote at the specific situation.

I wanted to know like how we make duplicate keys and keep it in safe place, is that possible to get a remote code it and keep it safe for emergency use.

We are talking about two things. Central locking system and immobiliser system. And as far as I know, these come integrated in one system. Even if we manage to open the doors, we wont be able to start. What to do in such case?
Do we have any option other than contacting nearest service centre. And if there is any other solution, we should not disucss that in public. Its like handing over our car keys out here to anyone who wishes to drive away in our cars.

Thread Starter #12

NR. Yes. you are right. Actually I started with Remote [Not key with remote controls in-built] and I am not asking for any short cut solutions.

I want to know how we can get a spare remote.

I think you can easily get a replacement from the makers. As some one said, the new remote has to be introduced (mapped ) to your existing system. You can get one without hassles.

For long trip, I always handover the spare key/remote to wife which she keep safely in her hand bag or luggage.
I too , use to follow this practice
We do not know when some unwanted situation can arise]
Yes , right you are , She eventually forgets the hand bag inside the car.[clown]

One of my nokia phone (5 to 6 yrs back, don't remember the model ) owner's manual had mentioned in it that the phone if held close to central lock module and a call is made at home and the person at home if holds the remote near his identical nokia phone then car can be opened or closed using the home stationed remote. .
But we never tried it as we didn't had identical handset at home.

Now a days my dad operates drip /sprinkler irrigation system, water filling in various tanks etc.on phone using the sim card installed in the electric motor of the water pump from any where in the country.

So IMO , sethu 's situation must be having similar solution but we need to do further reserch on this.

NR. Yes. you are right. Actually I started with Remote [Not key with remote controls in-built] and I am not asking for any short cut solutions.

I want to know how we can get a spare remote.
Yes Sir, Separate remotes are available. Check the manual, it should be mentioned how to add new remote. These auto lock circuits work on RF waves. The remote is a simple transmitter which sends signals to the auto-lock circuit(receiver).
My MGT brand system can remember upto 5 remotes. To match the new remote, a jumper needs to be sorted and button the remote is to be pressed. Just cal your installer and ask about this.

I'll soon check about the price of the remote and post here.

Top Bottom