Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Mileage

Thread Starter #1
My Wagon R is only a month old and is giving a mileage of approx. 11 KMPL as of now. The odometer reading is around 250 Kms. Although, MS claims a tested mileage of more than 20 KMPL, I wonder what can be the issue with my car?? I have driven the car inside city limits and have been using the AC constantly. Still got a feeling that the mileage is low. Please share your comments.

Re: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Mileage

During the first 1000 kms try not to cross 70 KMPH.After the first 1000kms change the oil and oil filter.You should see a rise in your mileage figures.

Wagonr is known for its mileage you have to wait till 2500kms for a smiling mileage. Your engine needs to settle down so be patient. For sure it will give you 16+ mileage after first 2500kms.

@Shopto, is this your first car?

What is your daily driving distance and kind of road you travel? What is your driving style? Is your car driven by hired driver?
All these factors attribute to FE.

As others said, FE will increase are 2000-2500 km, ideal FE for new Wagon R is 15-16 in city and 18-19 in highways. Forget what Maruti or ARAI has promised/certified, as they are under test conditions.

Depends on where you travel. If in bumper to bumper traffic in the city, max you would get is may be 12km/lt. But on highway should easily do 16-18km/lt.

Thread Starter #6

Thanks everyone for sharing views. I've now got a fair idea about what I should expect from my car. Will wait for the 2500 Km mark. Thanks.

@anshuman8: Yes, it's my first car. Currently, I am hiring a driver and the road conditions where I ride are OK. Perhaps it's more like what chayan says. 12KMPL for bumper to bumper drives. Thanks.

My Wagon R is only a month old and is giving a mileage of approx. 11 KMPL as of now. The odometer reading is around 250 Kms. Although, MS claims a tested mileage of more than 20 KMPL, I wonder what can be the issue with my car?? I have driven the car inside city limits and have been using the AC constantly. Still got a feeling that the mileage is low. Please share your comments.
Hi Sir .. Please refer to my thread on the same : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-r-2014-vxi-25-k-kms-up-detailed-mileage.html

Top Bottom