Headlamp Problem in Fiesta Classic

Thread Starter #1
After a long time its time to open a new thread about the light issue in my fiesta.

Story Behind This Issue :
Last time, My fiesta's left Low beam bulb was Not working. So i replaced with bulb 55/60 w. It was replaced with a local mechanic. He damaged the bulb holder and now the light glows and Off's suddenly.

Issue : Now the light glows and off's suddenly. Even when the car shakes in bad roads it turns on and turn off.

Now Ford ASS says to change the entire setup of light on left side (DOOM), which costs around 4 K.
My question is "Can we change the bulb holder alone or have to replace the entire doom or setup ?"

Your suggestion and inputs are valuble for me.
Thanks in Advance

Regards
Raj

Re: Light Problem in Fiesta

Hey buddy change only the bulb holder. You can even get them in local accessories shops nearby
Yes,Get holder alone from shop,you will have to make a cut in the wiring harness.[:)]

Last edited:

Thanks for the input.
BTW how much a single holder of a H7 bulb will cost ?
Can you check if your bulb is of H7 type? I guess fiesta comes with H4 type. The holder mght cost you around 150 to 200rs

Can you check if your bulb is of H7 type? I guess fiesta comes with H4 type. The holder mght cost you around 150 to 200rs
Ford fiesta comes with H1 for Low and H7 for high beam housed in different headlamp casing.

I don't know the cost of H1 holder but a jugaad was done by me long time ago in friend's esteem. The holders were melted. So, I removed the holder by cutting the wires and used D clips(the one used to connect horn) The clip should be copper made not tin. At that time I didn't know about heat/fire proof electric tape so I used heat-proof wire sleeves(used in heaters).

Any H4/H7 holders are nothing but these D clips housed in a ceramic or plastic case.

Ford fiesta comes with H1 for Low and H7 for high beam housed in different headlamp casing.

I don't know the cost of H1 holder but a jugaad was done by me long time ago in friend's esteem. The holders were melted. So, I removed the holder by cutting the wires and used D clips(the one used to connect horn) The clip should be copper made not tin. At that time I didn't know about heat/fire proof electric tape so I used heat-proof wire sleeves(used in heaters).

Any H4/H7 holders are nothing but these D clips housed in a ceramic or plastic case.
You can get the ceramic type which will not melt. I have put the 100/120W for my ertiga with a ceramic holder which worked well. I usedthe same holder in Figo before it worked for 2 years and now same has been removed and I am using it in my Ertiga. Please check local accessories hop they have the holder. Do not waste in buying full kit.

Thread Starter #12

Err. H1 for High beam and H7 for low beam.

Im in doubt now as my issue is solved or not because the holder is not available in spare parts shop in pondy. So the Electrician removed and cleaned the holder and fitted again. Now it works fine, I have to check for two or three days.

Err. H1 for High beam and H7 for low beam.

Im in doubt now as my issue is solved or not because the holder is not available in spare parts shop in pondy. So the Electrician removed and cleaned the holder and fitted again. Now it works fine, I have to check for two or three days.
ok when you have a chance to visit Chennai try from GP road. Or even from pudupet where you can get used holder.

@Raj:

Cleaning & proper fixing is Enough. I've done those work in my Black Indica on my own.
If it is fixed properly, It won't create any problem again.

Just check weather the holder is fine/Without any damage.

If the holder is damaged, buy the same type of holder from spares shop & fix it by yourself. I'm sure, it will be definitely available in Pondy. otherwise try in Cuddalore.

Top Bottom