Timing Advancer for CNG

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am owning Santro XING converted on CNG, in last winters my car shows some issue of engine RPM going up - down & when start engine in morning in first few km engine turns off when i press clutch for some speed breakers or to change gear. i contact my service center & they remove the timing advancer by saying that its malfunctioned & not working & remove it by saying that its not necessary part of CNG kit. at that time car start running normal with little drop in power. but as summer start & AC goes on the car shown very high power drop. specially in 2nd & 3rd gear when we try to accelerate the car & when going upward on any flyover it starts slowing down.

after all these issue i contact a CNG fitting center to find the issue they check & recmend to install Timing Advancer, they shows two TA to me LOVATO an India made at 700 & Landirenzo an Italy made at Rs 900 i go for Landirenzo as earlier i have installed lovato which not give good performance.

technician take around 30 min to install the TA & After installing when i drive the car i feel it have new engine, it gives pickup like petrol & there is no effect of AC on the performance. Now its over one week after installing the TA & i notice little improvement in fuel efficiency. If any one notice similar issue then i recommend to go for Timing Advancer processor.

Why don't you get it fixed from the same people who removed it.It should be a part of the kit and since it malfunctioned they need to provide you with a working timing advancer.

Without the timing advancer the car will have difficulty pulling in highergears and loss of power at higher rpms.

During winter it is normal for the rpm to go up because the ecu will burn a rich mixture when it is cold.The rpm will return to normal after a few kms.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments!! Its is really helpfully...I recently got my car converted to CNG. Dealer insisted not to have Advancer and Lambda installed in car. I feel Advancer is must to have but does it create some problem to some hyundai sensors?

Also, is Lambda required?

Thread Starter #4
No advancer does not make any problem to sensors, it just increase the spark timing so that gas burns fast & fully, it result in increased performance & efficiency.

Lambda is also a good thing, it passes as much gas as engine need & hence improve efficiency, but i feel its not necessary to have lambda as hyundai cars do well on manual settings, i suggest to go for TA & if wish then also go for lambda & you feel difference when you drive your car.

Top Bottom