How To Check Car Engine Condition? (Santro CNG)

Thread Starter #1
Hi all

I am using a Santro xing from last 7 years & fits a CNG kit when odo have 27K now my car covered 141K[drive] & running without any issue. is there any why to find out the engine wear and remaining engine life. over all condition of my car is very good, it looks like a 2 yr old car & returns a milage of 27 [:D]on highway without AC in CNG & 20 in city with AC on. so i want to keep it for another 1 or 2 yr if i am sure about the engine life for this time. Plz share if you have driven any car with more then my car without any issue.:help:

Thanks

Re: how to check car engine condition, Santro CNG 141 K

@Parveen

As far as the car is running well, then there is no need to check your engines health, but when you already clocked 141K, just ask the Hyundai guys to doing it and give a report on the same, I am sure they can do this and do not relay on any outside person.

@parveen: Get an engine compression test done at Hyundai. If the results are fine, you don't need to bother much about anything else.

110k + on CNG is great, sure you have reaped the benefits , as Sam D suggested compression test is a must, check the head, any oil leaks, spark plugs and all CNG components like valves, piping/ injectors etc(I am sure you are regularly servicing anyways). The cylinder will need a hydro stretch test too.

Its served you well so far and as you plan to retain it, its good to have the mental peace.

One more tip - Keep air filter clean.Clean it after every 15 days.You will observer good mileage and pickup.

Top Bottom