Disc Brakes: Pros & Cons?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am planning to buy CBZ xtreme, is it suggestible to buy a single or dual disc braking. what is the actual difference? can anyone explain me little technically about what are the pros and cons of it.

Most of the people in the technical section are car guys. That's why no one has answered your post.Lets see if I can help.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Disc Braking in Bikes

Hi,

Can anyone tell whats the difference between buying single disk and dual disk in two wheeler segment. does that affect mileage?

Re: Disc braking in Bike

It will not affect mileage but will certainly affect your longevity by making you live longer.

Have you ever seen Dara Singh in old movies trying to stop a Truck with both his hands? Would the truck have stopped as easily if he were applying only one hand to stop it? No sir, it wouldn't. Similarly, a dual disc brake setup would make a motorcycle stop quicker than a single disc setup which, in an emergency braking situation, could mean the difference between life and death.

More braking force is always 'suggestible' on any road, be it Indian or African, or Pakistani, or American.

Understood? Now go get that motorcycle with 'dual' disc.

Last edited:

I'll try to put it simply. The major braking in a bike is done by the front brake. As u brake, weight transfers to the front Tyre. So it's the front Tyre that has the maximum traction. The rear Tyre doesn't have traction, and so it won't help u brake either. It'll just skid under hard braking. The rear brakes will help u control the bikes motion and the front brakes will help u slow down. Indian roads or any roads, a dual disc setup will always benefit u provided u know how to brake properly. 80% of riders in India don't.

Thread Starter #12

Am planning to buy CBZ extreme. The width of the tyre is 80mm. so buying a rear disc would give a better braking or will it skid?

As far I know the disc brakes are good to stop the bike quickly, but since the front disk brakes have become popular more users started thinking that they can stop the bike in any speed and any situation and that has made manufacturers to roll out higher cc models in India with only front disc brakes. The first I have seen was Pulsar in those days and believe me friends only one disk brake(front) is always dangerous in some over speeds and I have seen the cases where lot of people died in road accidents of bike without hitting any other vehicle but hitting dividers mostly and some times trees while applying the front discs at the sudden.

So duel disk brakes are always welcome and safe too and I appeal all the members and visitors of the forum, just don't do unbelievable speeds thinking that front disc brakes will save you[:)]

As far I know the disc brakes are good to stop the bike quickly, but since the front disk brakes have become popular more users started thinking that they can stop the bike in any speed and any situation and that has made manufacturers to roll out higher cc models in India with only front disc brakes. The first I have seen was Pulsar in those days and believe me friends only one disk brake(front) is always dangerous in some over speeds and I have seen the cases where lot of people died in road accidents of bike without hitting any other vehicle but hitting dividers mostly and some times trees while applying the front discs at the sudden.

So duel disk brakes are always welcome and safe too and I appeal all the members and visitors of the forum, just don't do unbelievable speeds thinking that front disc brakes will save you[:)]

There is a reason some bikes have only front discs. Its never dangerous. What is dangerous is people not knowing to use it. And most if not all people dead due to disc brakes are the ones who don't know hoe to use one.

And yes, only the front disc is enough to bring you to halt, at any speed.

Top Bottom