Maruti 800 AC Problem

Thread Starter #1
sir i bought Maruti 800 model - 2000 with AC, but its AC is not working i went to some shops they told me that it needs new condenser and a gas converter, and told me its coast around 6000, please help me to get it repair in low coast i am new in auto world

Hello Manjeet,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

AC failure may be due to various reasons. I recently got my Alto's AC overhauled for 5k. The justification for these charges was damaged piping which resulted in gas leakage. The job was done at MASS. Hence 6k doesn't look very high for AC repair job.

sir i bought Maruti 800 model - 2000 with AC, but its AC is not working i went to some shops they told me that it needs new condenser and a gas converter, and told me its coast around 6000, please help me to get it repair in low coast i am new in auto world
Check with any other shop (known by some friend) And there is nothing as gas converter. May be he is referring to changing the system for R134. R12 gas is still available with some AC repair shops.
R12 gas filling and servicing of AC costs Rs 1200-1400 here (in Lucknow)

If the AC guy is asking for Rs 6000, he may be converting the AC for use of R134 gas.
Ask him to change the following things.
1. Gas Canister
2. Dual Pressure Switch
3. Condenser
4. All piping
5. Change of compressor oil
But remember, in long run the converted compressor will not run fine. Try to get R12 filled or search for used R134 compressor .

Top Bottom