Maruti Omni Overheats in Traffic Jam & During Idle

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Im facing overheat problem with my maruti omni. Engine gets overheated in traffic jam and also when idle for 5 to 10 min.Coolant levels are good.Checked with mechanic,he replaced Thermostat,radiator cap and also radiator is overhauled(removed springs from radiator).No problem with water pump and no blocks too.Still facing the problem with overheating.
Please help me out to resolve overheating issue.

Re: Maruti Omni Overheats in traffic jam and in idle

Have you checked the radiator fan?The fan works on a thermoswitch and switches on when the radiator temperature reaches a certain level.

Does the radiator turn on when you are in bumper to bumper traffic?If not you need to check the thermoswitch(located at the bottom of the radiator) and the fan motor itself.

Re: Maruti Omni Overheats in traffic jam and in idle

Omni doesn't come with electric fan, it comes with an mechanical fan (Rotates all time when engine is on, run by belts).

Since you have checked all the stuff except head gasket , ask your mechanic to check head gasket.
Also please specify how many km's has your car run. Which model is it ?

Thread Starter #5
Hi Varun,

Headgasket is in good condition.
Omni 2004 Model nd done 38000Kms.
Also checked fan belt,its working fine.

Check the oil sump,check the oil filter and check if the oil light goes off soon after the engine starts or it glows on idle and gets off on throttle,
and do check the oil grade check whether it is harder.

Omni has a Mechanical fan @jarpickle. Even my Omni tends To heat up in and during Summers depending on riding condition,Specially unbearable hot seats.but still i love it.

As you have checked and overhauled your radiator it seams to be okay.

Check the oil level.
-Engine Oil
-gear oil.

Check Engine sounds,It might sound abnormal,then the problem might be in and somewhere near Engine.
Or it looks like radiator may not be cooling engine properly.
A car without a radiator will generally overheat within 20-25 mins[;)]..

Hi Sanju

For engine overheating following could be the major reasons:

* If coolant is at required level means, then check it whether its in the correct mixture. i.e., coolant and water is mixed in correct ratio.

* Check all the radiator hoses thoroughly. It may also be blocked with foreign particles and remove the radiator and check on all sides if there is any leakage.

* Check the brakes, whether they are binding.

Note: Its common feature of cars to get heated up than normal during summer.

Hi,

Im facing overheat problem with my maruti omni. Engine gets overheated in traffic jam and also when idle for 5 to 10 min.Coolant levels are good.Checked with mechanic,he replaced Thermostat,radiator cap and also radiator is overhauled(removed springs from radiator).No problem with water pump and no blocks too.Still facing the problem with overheating.
With everything listed above checked, overheating is possible when the engine is running lean, i.e Air-Fuel ratio is more than 14:1, and/or over tightened tappets, less valve clearance. Check the valve clearances and tune the carb.

Today in my garage,a man bought an omni, the guy was worried since his car was overheating.His timing belt was overhalued from improper mechanic,due to breakage,That to improperly.The timing belt and the bearing(dont kno exact name) was in duplicate,specially that bearing had the play..all the temperature touched the hot mark after 15-30 mins of idling.parts were so hot that my mechanic used the cotton..This was just for reference..

Hi Sanju

For engine overheating following could be the major reasons:

* If coolant is at required level means, then check it whether its in the correct mixture. i.e., coolant and water is mixed in correct ratio.

* Check all the radiator hoses thoroughly. It may also be blocked with foreign particles and remove the radiator and check on all sides if there is any leakage.

* Check the brakes, whether they are binding.

Note: Its common feature of cars to get heated up than normal during summer.

Hi Sanju,

You can try out these suggestions and I do believe that summers are generally responsible for overheating of many cars. In case you still face the problem then get in touch with Maruti Suzuki Customer care on 1800 1800 180. They will be able to help you with this.

Hi Sanju,

You can try out these suggestions and I do believe that summers are generally responsible for overheating of many cars. In case you still face the problem then get in touch with Maruti Suzuki Customer care on 1800 1800 180. They will be able to help you with this.

Have you received any technical help from the Maruti Suzuki Helpline?All they do is give you the number to the nears M.A.S.S. and you to visit them and get the issue sorted.

Hi,

Does your car get stalled or miss a beat when going on slow speeds ? Have you checked for any leaks in hose/tubes and seals from air filter to throttle ?

Some times the rubber tubes running from air filter can get cracked and let in too much air . Normally the air pressure is lower in the engine. when there is a leak excess air gets into the engine disturbing the ratio of fuel and air in the engine. This matters more when idle or at slow speeds because the amount of fuel coming into engine is less and engine might be working hard to keep running. However at high speeds you get more fuel into the engine but roughly same amount of air so no problem.

My advise is to check from air filter / air intake unit to throttle for any cracks or leaks.

Good Luck

Top Bottom