Fuel Pump Problem in SX4 Diesel Celebration

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

It was dream ride with my SX4 diesel so far till I faced big problem.

I was just touching 10,000 Kms on my Odo and I was enjoying my ride everytime I go with my SX4.

But one day when I got ready for office and put all my belonging inside the car and tried to start car engine refused to start. First I thought that I may be wrong but second and third attempts were failed.

Then I suspected battery problem but all electronic devices were working perfectly and there was sufficient water inside the battery.

Then I tried to call authorised service centre but the phone was switched off. Then I called 24 X 7 Maruti helpline number and explained everything to them but no use as nobody contacted me immidiately.

Then I waited for 45 Mins then manager of service centre lifted his phone and informed me that someone will look into the problem. Two people came and informed me that they have to take car to service station for inspection.

On same day they informed me that there was moisture in rely hence this problem occured and they will replace the rely to avoid further doubts.[clap]

Next day they I got rely replaced under warrenty. Then after two days same thing again happened. Then I got my friends car and went to office and informed the service station.

They towed my car to service station and checked fuel pump. They found that fuel pump is getting unresposive sometimes and not injecting the fuel to engine while cold start. They talked to Maruti and got advise to replace entire fuel pump.

So I have wait for another 10 days to get Fuel Pump from Maruti (I don't know why this much time?). Then I told my dealer that I need car till my car gets ready. Dealer arranged Zen Estilo for me. I used it for about 10days.

Fuel Pump of my car was replaced under warranty. I saw the cost of Pump was Rs. 7500/-+ but I neednot have to pay for it.

Now I have driven more than 600 Kms after replacing the Pump. It seems problem is gone.

Now I am happy customer having got very good service from Maruti.[clap]

That is good customer service from Maruti/MASS.

Any idea why the pump failed so early in the lifetime of the car?

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #4
@Anshuman

The service technicians say the electronic circuit of the pump was failed. Some time it was pumping fuel and some-times not. I feel Maruti Service Engineer should investigate this case.

Thread Starter #5
Hello Guys,

Again same problem after more than 2000 Kms. Yesterday the car refused to start when I wanted to take it for filling the tank. Then I called maruti service station. Maruti guys checked and told now workshop is closed. They will take to car to workshop on Tuesday i.e tomorrow because today i.e Monday they are closed.

Anybody can help me to get contact number of any higher management person who is looking after service?

Your help is needed urgently.

Try these :

1. Maruti West Regional Office :
602, Madhava Building, Bandra Kurla Complex
Bandra (East),
Mumbai - 400051
Tel: 26590478

2. Email to : contact@maruti.co.in

3. Call 1800 1800 180

4. Try with another dealer / MASS.

All the best,
Anshuman

In a month a happy customer to ??? customer of MASS. Hope the issue is taken care by now. Just a suggestion change your petrol pump if you are sticking to only one

Thread Starter #9
@ ManIsBack

Any updates on your SX4? Is it working fine now ?
@Anshu,

I was personally present during vehicle inspection in Maruti work shop. They checked all wiring and found every thing alright. Then they removed Fuel tank checked again the function of fuel pump then pump was alright.

Meanwhile I wrote of Maruti TSM about this problem. Then they decided to change Fuel Pump again. But now I am not completely certain about or convinced about this move as this was already done. But Maruti people are quite confident on this.

Now lets see what happens next. They gave me Zen Lxi for my daily commuting purpose last time they gave me Zen Estilo Lxi. I am waiting for the fuel pump again.

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
Hello Guys,

Yesterday evening I got my Car back. They replaced exsisting Fuel Pump with Modified Fuel Pump.

I don't know what is really difference in this compared to last pump which they have replaced.

But this time they are confident. I am not. ONLY TIME CAN TELL.

BUT I AM VERY MUCH HAPPY TO RIDE MY SX4 (lovely Car) AGAIN.[drive]

Hello Guys,

Yesterday evening I got my Car back. They replaced exsisting Fuel Pump with Modified Fuel Pump.

I don't know what is really difference in this compared to last pump which they have replaced.

But this time they are confident. I am not. ONLY TIME CAN TELL.

BUT I AM VERY MUCH HAPPY TO RIDE MY SX4 (lovely Car) AGAIN.[drive]
Good that you got back your SX4. Hope the previous issues don't happen then.

MIB@,

is there any difference in driving with the modified furl pump?how is mileage and power after that

Thread Starter #14
@Releesh,

Every thing seems to be normal after changing Fuel Pump. Mileage not checked. I will update Mileage Figure.

Top Bottom