Weird Yet Dangerous 'Jugaads' By Indian Mechanics

Thread Starter #1
This thread is dedicated to all our FNG mechanics and their JUGAADS Many of their jugaads are outstanding but few are dangerous. Do post your experiences with the FNG mechanics and chhotus too.

I thought of starting this thread after visiting to a garage today. There I saw a mech. jump-starting a car (Esteeem) with other car's (Alto) battery. He didn't use any jumper cables nor he replaced the battery with other one. He just took out a battery from other customer's car and turned it upside-down, touching the terminals of the charged battery with the dead one.

During the testing process the battery was turned upside down and straight again at least 5-6 times. The battery was kept on the ground and suddenly BANGG ! The battery exploded. [surprise] The battery exploded due to formation of acidic gas in the battery and heat of sun. If he had used cables, or simply kept the battery in the tray the explosion would not happen.

we had one mechanic called rajan a very old jovial man dead drunk in the evenings. well he was some sort of ikon in repairng fiat cars. when we overhauled the engine of our 1954 model fiat elegant i saw him sniffing the smoke from the tail pipe to check if the timing is correct. i had a lot of interactions with him as our car brokedown [frustration]almost on all the occasions that it was taken out and i was the one to get him to get him to the site and get it back home. he had a small shack called a workshop. there was no bills and he charged pittances. died long[cry] back still i remember him.

Top Bottom