Maruti Dzire VXI Clutch Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I would like to discuss gear / clutch issue which I am facing with my car (Maruti Dzire VXI 2008 model). Recently my car clutch has been changed after that performance of my car is dipped to very low.

Issues which I am facing:

1. Clutch pedal vibrate when put my car on 1st Gear or 2nd Gear also in traffic when car is on good speed (60-80) then also clutch pedal vibrates.

2. When I changed to reverse gear then some sound comes like something is stuck.

3. Also the pick up is not good and it is something like I have to give full power to car to get pick up.

I visited 5 times to Maruti authorized service station where I got my clutch changed and every time they just do loosing of clutch and then say it is fine now. They have charged Rs.7500/- to change my clutch but still not getting good performance and every time they just asked for feedback and tell me come to our service station and we will fix the issue.

Please help me how to fix this issue and also is there any good service station who can fix my car clutch. I stay in South Delhi and if there is any good service station please provide contact details.

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag

Write to Maruti Suzuki. I dont have the email handy but do complain on their website(search on google). They will respond you back the same or next day for sure. Try it!

Hi,

I would like to discuss gear / clutch issue which I am facing with my car (Maruti Dzire VXI 2008 model). Recently my car clutch has been changed after that performance of my car is dipped to very low.

Issues which I am facing:

1. Clutch pedal vibrate when put my car on 1st Gear or 2nd Gear also in traffic when car is on good speed (60-80) then also clutch pedal vibrates.

2. When I changed to reverse gear then some sound comes like something is stuck.

3. Also the pick up is not good and it is something like I have to give full power to car to get pick up.

I visited 5 times to Maruti authorized service station where I got my clutch changed and every time they just do loosing of clutch and then say it is fine now. They have charged Rs.7500/- to change my clutch but still not getting good performance and every time they just asked for feedback and tell me come to our service station and we will fix the issue.

Please help me how to fix this issue and also is there any good service station who can fix my car clutch. I stay in South Delhi and if there is any good service station please provide contact details.

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag
Have they changed the release bearing along with clutch change pls confirm
Ng

@Anurag:Any updates on the issue?

As Ken mentioned have you checked if they replaced the release bearing?

Also check is the clutch slave cylinder is working correctly.

Thread Starter #6
Clutch Issue (Maruti Swift Dzire)

Hi,

I have Maruti Swift Dzire (old model) and facing issue with clutch. Year back I replaced my clutch and since then I am facing issues like jerking, pickup and RPM meter showing more than 900.

Many times I had gone for Injector cleaning, throtle clearning but problem solves for sometime and again come back.

I have contacted many Maruti service stations and everyone advised me to change clutch as it is not working properly. I need advise to find out which Maruti service center is good to replace clutch and which clutch product is good which I can go and replace it.

I heard that Clutch is also available in after market but I am not sure whether it is good to take this option or not.

Requesting advise.

Thanks in advance.

Anurag

Thread Starter #7
Hello,

Recently clutch kit has been changed twice in my car (Maruti Dzire Swift old model) and same issue coming again which I had faced first time when clutch was changed.

Issue:

1. Clutch pedal vibration, however when clutch was changed first time then it was vibrated at that extent RPM was going high and also fluctuating and even injectors and throtle body cleaned but issue was still there. The car pick up was drastically gone down.

2. Second time when they changed clutch kit then vibration is very less because from clutch pedal side they tight some screew but the pickup I can say is not good but its better than before.

I am not sure why everytime clutch changed and vibration comes, the Velco clutch kit is good or not I am not sure. However, as per service center this is Maruti Authorized kit and we only provide this kit in every car.

My car completed 1 Lakh kilometer now so please tell me if you change clutch kit after completing 1 Lakh kilometer then issues comes on clutch and performance.

I also want to increase performance so I have decided to change Timing belt, fan belt, spark plugs but not sure which company product is good and if I change these then how much performance will be better.

I heard that NGK or Bosch platium spark plugs gives you good performance but don't have much information about these, please advise me are they really improve performance in the car.

Requesting your advise to resolve issues coming in my car.

Thanks.

Anurag

i would suggest you to check the release bearing/ pressure plates.

regarding performance drop, are you able to attain speeds above 100? you should able to differentiate between car not attaining top speed/ car takes too much time to attain top speed. you can try changing or cleaning air filter by the basis of indicator in the air filter, clean the exhaust, check the spark plugs

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Hi,

I am planning to upgrade spark plugs in my car (Maruti Swift Dzire old model) with Bosch Platinum but I am not sure which one will be good and give good performance. Please advise which one I should go for Platinum, Platinum -2 or Platinum - 4.

Also, my car completed more than 1 lakh kilometers so should I also change Timing belt and fan belt. Someone told me that your car completed 1 Lakh km so change these belts and you will get good performance.

Thanks.

ANurag

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade spark plugs in my car (Maruti Swift Dzire old model) with Bosch Platinum
I don't think so upgrading to platinum plugs will yield any noticeable change to the car.
Better thing would be to get K&N Stock Filter replacement or a Cold Air Intake.
You can search more on it.
Also, my car completed more than 1 lakh kilometers so should I also change Timing belt and fan belt. Someone told me that your car completed 1 Lakh km so change these belts and you will get good performance.
Changing Rubber Parts like Timing belt is must at 1L kms.
Performance may not increase but for better functioning of all the mechanicals and peace of mind, it is recommended.

Further, the car needs a thorough check up for low performance. You may get the car checked at any reliable Friendly Neighbourhood Garage.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I agree with adsa. Get both the belts changed. I got these things fixed from model town car market when my santro completed 1 lakh kms.

You will easily get all the parts necessary.

About the spark plugs , i use ngk and they lasted 2 years , 50000kms . i always asked the mechanic to clean it at regular service (every 5k kms)

Change the spark plugs , if even one of them isn't functioning properly your car pickup will reduce. They cost 320 rs for 2 pairs.

Thread Starter #12
Thank you Adsa and Allhyundaicars for your advises. I will find out stock filter and also I have enquired about NGK iradium spark plugs but not sure these are good for my car and also improve performance. I heard that NGK is good but honestly I really dont know any good mechanic who can give good advise about it.

If you know anyone in New Delhi please let me know.

Hello anurag_1976,

Pls let me know if you have got your problem (performance issue after clutch) sorted out , even i hv noticed drastic change in performance of my siwft vxi after clutch n pressure pressure change @45K run. even in weak clutch it was giving 15-17 KMPL after that it reduced to 10-11 KMPL.. also AC use to trip in low speed.. on contacting service center they said it could be problem in engine sensor.... problem didn't solved.

regards,
amit

Top Bottom