Please Help in Identifying a Broken Part (Skoda Laura)

Thread Starter #1
Today i noticed a broken part in my Skoda Laura . I got a new ac compressor for my car and i think that the mechanic that changed my compressor broke it. The cover of this part is broken and i am driving without it from last 20-25 days.I didn't notice any change in driving.I have my final exams so i can't get it repaired right now so can i keep driving without doing any damage to the car? What is this part and what is its function?

Attachments

Last edited:
My friend that is the air intake for your engine to enable cool air to enter from the exterior with less chances of water being sucked in.

Now your engine will be sucking hot air from the engine bay area,so you can expect drop in power especially on hot days. Cos your inter cooler will not be working at its most effective.

Now here is what you can do Try finding the missing pieces & have it set in place & wait for a replacement part,since summer is upon us i can tell you performance will be affected.

In our petrol engines it wont matter that air intake is inside engine bay as it does not have a high compression(not turbo or super charged).

I hope my answer puts you at ease! Its nothing serious,you can use the car normally.Do check air mass meter is not broken(then your really screwed with a juicy bill)!

Also first pic is of engine bay from Octavia but still serves the purpose.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
My friend that is the air intake for your engine to enable cool air to enter from the exterior with less chances of water being sucked in.

Now your engine will be sucking hot air from the engine bay area,so you can expect drop in power especially on hot days. Cos your inter cooler will not be working at its most effective.

Now here is what you can do Try finding the missing pieces & have it set in place & wait for a replacement part,since summer is upon us i can tell you performance will be affected.

In our petrol engines it wont matter that air intake is inside engine bay as it does not have a high compression(not turbo or super charged).

I hope my answer puts you at ease! Its nothing serious,you can use the car normally.Do check air mass meter is not broken(then your really screwed with a juicy bill)!

Also first pic is of engine bay from Octavia but still serves the purpose.
Thank you for the reply, that was really useful. I placed the pieces in place and taped them together.

I stole the first pic from a Laura thread so I am positive its a Laura.

While you wait for a replacement, you can use a little "jugaad" and glue it back using a 'synthetic rubber based adhesive' and seal it with a silicone sealant. [;)]

Top Bottom