Ford Figo's Performance

Thread Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a proud owner of Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI. Done 6500kms in 4 months. Its a blue facelift model. This is my first car so I am not sure if I am getting right performance. I got some questions here -

1. I feel a quick engine roll in 2nd gear, when I put my car in second gear and leave the clutch it rolls very fast without even putting my foot on accelerator. Is it going to be fine after first service? Is this happening with other figo owners too? [confused]

2. The pickup is not up to the mark, I have to press the pedal and wait for a moment to get the speed going. Is it going to be fine after first service (10000 kms) ??

3. How is the pickup for other figo owners (if any figo owner can answer)? [evil]

4. Which are the best products I can use to wash my car? I use Formula1 shampoo but I don't know if I should use polish, wax or anything like that? Blue color catches dust quickly so if anything I can do to keep the shine will be helpful.

5. Is it ok to wash the car in every 2 weeks or so? I don't wash my car too often (even if it is dusty) because I use to drive in city conditions and during rainy season we all know what happens.

I hope to get some great help from experienced members here.

Thanks in advance.. [:)]

1. I feel a quick engine roll in 2nd gear, when I put my car in second gear and leave the clutch it rolls very fast without even putting my foot on accelerator. Is it going to be fine after first service? Is this happening with other figo owners too?
This is due to Diesel engine's torque factor at lower speeds compared to petrols. No need to worry. Just enjoy it. Diesel's heavy torque is a boon in bumper to bumper traffic

2. The pickup is not up to the mark, I have to press the pedal and wait for a moment to get the speed going. Is it going to be fine after first service (10000 kms) ??
Every turbo charged Diesel mill shows this charater. You wont get instant power like petrol. However Tdci has minimum turbo lag. Figo owners can give you more inputs on this.

4. Which are the best products I can use to wash my car? I use Formula1 shampoo but I don't know if I should use polish, wax or anything like that? Blue color catches dust quickly so if anything I can do to keep the shine will be helpful.
I have used Formula 1 and Sonax car shampoos. Of the two am very happy with Sonax shampoo. Sonax has various other car products as well like interior protect, exterior polish etc. Their exterior polish is one of the easiest polishes to use. Application and removal is relatively easy compared to Formula 1 polish. You can apply it after a wash and wiping the car dry.

5. Is it ok to wash the car in every 2 weeks or so? I don't wash my car too often (even if it is dusty) because I use to drive in city conditions and during rainy season we all know what happens
Absolutely fine. In fact you are contributing to the environment by conserving water [clap]

Hello all,

I am a proud owner of Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI. Done 6500kms in 4 months. Its a blue facelift model. This is my first car so I am not sure if I am getting right performance. I got some questions here -

1. I feel a quick engine roll in 2nd gear, when I put my car in second gear and leave the clutch it rolls very fast without even putting my foot on accelerator. Is it going to be fine after first service? Is this happening with other figo owners too? [confused]

This characteristic very normal. Nothing to worry about.It will roll for about 3-4 second little faster then the speed will come down but not to halt, it will roll but with less speed. This will help you in Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. you just no need to press the accelerator, just control the clutch.

Yes it is like that, you need to wait for the Turbo to kick in. Typically in figo turbo comes in when engine rpm reach to 1800 . If you need to enjoy the turbo power, you need to keep your engine rpm above this limit.

3. How is the pickup for other figo owners (if any figo owner can answer)? [evil]

Yeah, it is good. you need to learn to control the pick up by maintaining the engine RPM. But definitely engine pick up is less than Fiat Diesel engine. But for other engine, be it petrol or diesel its pick up is good( if the engine spec are same).

No Idea.

5. Is it ok to wash the car in every 2 weeks or so? I don't wash my car too often (even if it is dusty) because I use to drive in city conditions and during rainy season we all know what happens.

no idea

Enjoy the car, it is very good to drive in city

Thread Starter #4
This is due to Diesel engine's torque factor at lower speeds compared to petrols. No need to worry. Just enjoy it. Diesel's heavy torque is a boon in bumper to bumper traffic

Every turbo charged Diesel mill shows this charater. You wont get instant power like petrol. However Tdci has minimum turbo lag. Figo owners can give you more inputs on this.

I have used Formula 1 and Sonax car shampoos. Of the two am very happy with Sonax shampoo. Sonax has various other car products as well like interior protect, exterior polish etc. Their exterior polish is one of the easiest polishes to use. Application and removal is relatively easy compared to Formula 1 polish. You can apply it after a wash and wiping the car dry.

Absolutely fine. In fact you are contributing to the environment by conserving water [clap]
Thanks for such a detailed reply....
You mentioned torque factor, is it going to be there always or it will disappear after first service or after 10-15 thousand kilometers?

And after washing the car with shampoo I only need to wax? That's it for normal protection from dust and all? [:)]

You mentioned torque factor, is it going to be there always or it will disappear after first service or after 10-15 thousand kilometers?
It will stay as long as the car is with you! Dont worry [:D]

And after washing the car with shampoo I only need to wax? That's it for normal protection from dust and all? [:)]
Yes, its advisable to apply polish after a wash and wiping the car dry. Its basically to maintain the car's shine.

Hello all,

Hi Rahul, most of your comments have been answered by other readers, so will add to it.
#1: This is normal. Many drivers actually use this feature to their advantage in bumper to bumper traffic (i.e not using the accelerator). And its not going away, if it did I would be worried.

#2 &3: You should get good pickup after 1500 rpm. Initially there is a lag, but the lag in Figo is the lowest among the Diesels (some even compare it to a Petrol). Probably you are used to driving a petrol hatch before.

#4: Get Amway (ebay) shampoo or any good brand with wax. Busy life nowadays dont always enable us to wash and wax separately. So we try to be efficient. These shampoos are good for normal washing. If you want you can go for Waxoyl paint protection (available with Ford dealership) and I have found it superior to Teflon. Keeps the shine longer. And you are right.. I too have a Kinetic Blue Figo and its a dust magnet.

#5: Not washing for a couple of weeks is OK, Just take care that you dont scratch the paint while dusting. Would recommend Jopasu duster which are quite good.

Enjoy the car. I recently went for a short trip (~350kms) and Figo performed excellently. Some of the roads were bad but no scraping yet. So I think the company has worked on it in the new facelift.

Thread Starter #8
Hi Rahul, most of your comments have been answered by other readers, so will add to it.
#1: This is normal. Many drivers actually use this feature to their advantage in bumper to bumper traffic (i.e not using the accelerator). And its not going away, if it did I would be worried.

#2 &3: You should get good pickup after 1500 rpm. Initially there is a lag, but the lag in Figo is the lowest among the Diesels (some even compare it to a Petrol). Probably you are used to driving a petrol hatch before.

#4: Get Amway (ebay) shampoo or any good brand with wax. Busy life nowadays dont always enable us to wash and wax separately. So we try to be efficient. These shampoos are good for normal washing. If you want you can go for Waxoyl paint protection (available with Ford dealership) and I have found it superior to Teflon. Keeps the shine longer. And you are right.. I too have a Kinetic Blue Figo and its a dust magnet.

#5: Not washing for a couple of weeks is OK, Just take care that you dont scratch the paint while dusting. Would recommend Jopasu duster which are quite good.

Enjoy the car. I recently went for a short trip (~350kms) and Figo performed excellently. Some of the roads were bad but no scraping yet. So I think the company has worked on it in the new facelift.
Thanks for your reply Chayan. You are right, I use to drive petrol hatchs so I m feeling little low pickup but once I get the pickup, the 1400cc turns into a beast [evil]

Do you use Jopasu duster for your blue figo? Actually I never remove dust with duster because I think it will scratch the paint if I use dry duster. So, I wait for saturday to was my car, lol..
Let me know if you use this duster to dust your car once in a day or two so that I can also give it a try.

Good to see another blue figo owner, till now I haven't seen any blue figo in my tricity region (chandigarh, panchkula, mohali). My blue figo is also a dust magnet. I have completed 65000kms in 4 months which is good for me because its my first car. My long trip was from Chandigarh to Amritsar and while coming back I have completed 100km one way stretch in less than 1 hour. Figo performed perfectly and handling confidence was superb, it took all the bumps very easily.

I really like the way Ford created this car, in this price, this car is a true VFM and I am happy that I chosen Figo as my first car :) [glasses] :lol!:

Hi Rahul

Yes I have used Jopasu without any ill effect till now. However it has to be used dry and the more dirtier it becomes, the more cleaner it wipes.

65000kms in 4 months? or 6500 kms.. seems a typo.

Kindly put up a initial ownership thread with pictures and let us know your buying experience.

Thread Starter #10
Hi Rahul

Yes I have used Jopasu without any ill effect till now. However it has to be used dry and the more dirtier it becomes, the more cleaner it wipes.

65000kms in 4 months? or 6500 kms.. seems a typo.

Kindly put up a initial ownership thread with pictures and let us know your buying experience.
Sorry, it was a type... 6500 Kms [lol]

I will create a thread soon, actually I created one after 3-4 days of my purchase but at that time I was soo excited that I didn't created much content so moderator moved it to other topics. After that I got disappointed and never created one. But, now I think I should create it so that I can also gain some more info and tips (just like I got one from you regarding duster).

Thanks once again for your replies.. [:)]

Top Bottom