I am following your thread on a daily basis, I really appreciate your love for the car & the craze you have. Many of us use mobiles/office comps wherein we can just browse the TAI
site, but login is an issue so we definately read but reply is a bit late.
I too did DIY painting for my car (inner floor) & my suggestions for you are.
1. Retain original colour - for originality & no RC endorsement required for same colour repaint
2. Do not paint in huge open areas
3. Prefer to paint in closed but ventilated areas
4. place the car away from walls/trees etc so that sometimes the excess pressure from the gun doesnt lift the dust from the wall/floor etc
5. never mix the paint in the gun tank (do it only in a seperate container)
6. I feel you have done good job so far (except for rough surface due to dust), closer & better pics will help us see clearly the output.
7. If you know how to remove engine & Gearbox from the car - do it & clean the engine bay & paint it also. Pay the mechanic only to fix it back (you save some money this way)
Here is a link to my thread (where I has painted the floor) may be you find something useful. Bought My First Car - Maruti 800 AC