Fitting CNG in Petrol Turbo Car?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends, one of the biggest question that is bothering me at the moment is can i fit a CNG Kit for a Turbo Charged Petrol Vehicle??

I am a petrolhead and love to drive a petrol car over a diesel.Diesel are fun to drive but thats only due to the turbo Charger u remove that and it is a sluggish machine, but s petrol is fun in all aspects whether it is at a low end speed or at high end speeds its just fun.And if a petrol has a turbocharger then it is the ultimate fun machine.

Now i am currently using my fathers Toyota Corolla H1 on CNG for commute to works and to be frank its a beast. Love the car, it never dissapoints me in any manner let it be power,comfort,the fuel consumption everything just too good.But now i was thinking that after about a year or two i shall be thinking of buying my own vehicle so have to do all my savings my calculations etc. And the only car that i have in mind is the Laura TSI or the Laura VRs. Will be going in for a used car for sure but my biggest worry is that these engines have turbo Fitted and i want to convert it to CNG as my daily commute will be approximately 50kms a day so running on petrol is a big NO.

Now seeing my daily commute youll might think why not a diesel but really after enjoying the petrol/cng for a long time really dont want to go for a diesel. The maintainance of a diesel is a lot more compared to a petrol.

So please help me with some suggestions and some experience so that i am able to take some decisions for my future.

Re: CNG For A Turbo Petrol Car ????

Hi Friends, one of the biggest question that is bothering me at the moment is can i fit a CNG Kit for a Turbo Charged Petrol Vehicle??

I am a petrolhead and love to drive a petrol car over a diesel.Diesel are fun to drive but thats only due to the turbo Charger u remove that and it is a sluggish machine, but s petrol is fun in all aspects whether it is at a low end speed or at high end speeds its just fun.And if a petrol has a turbocharger then it is the ultimate fun machine.

Now i am currently using my fathers Toyota Corolla H1 on CNG for commute to works and to be frank its a beast. Love the car, it never dissapoints me in any manner let it be power,comfort,the fuel consumption everything just too good.But now i was thinking that after about a year or two i shall be thinking of buying my own vehicle so have to do all my savings my calculations etc. And the only car that i have in mind is the Laura TSI or the Laura VRs. Will be going in for a used car for sure but my biggest worry is that these engines have turbo Fitted and i want to convert it to CNG as my daily commute will be approximately 50kms a day so running on petrol is a big NO.

Now seeing my daily commute youll might think why not a diesel but really after enjoying the petrol/cng for a long time really dont want to go for a diesel.So please help me with some suggestions and some experience so that i am able to take some decisions for my future.
Come on man, Test drive the Diesel Laura before you sway yourself telling petrol is the best, had driven a superb recently and it tells you all, gone are those days where petrol alone had all the fun

Right from A4 to 5 series just drive a diesel and get to enjoy the feeling of unleashed drive, if you are so passionate with a petrol/turbo i would tell you to pick a cedia sport where you can save more money

But for your kind of 50Km drive daily, i would put my 2 cents on a diesel Laura, but as you say if you can afford a petrol Laura, you should easily be able to afford a cedia sport with the all extra push you need with amazing handling ability

The maintainance of a diesel is a lot more compared to a petrol.
And please get away from the myth

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: CNG For A Turbo Petrol Car ????

Hey Bro totally agree wid ur view out here i am a car freak and have driven almost all the cars available in the market but yes driven not owned them.
I agree the diesel these days have become much more refined and much more fun to drive around.
before owning the Corolla have used the swift diesel & a skoda Octavia rider Tdi for two years and believe me i loved them and they were very economical but the biggest issue is these cars are fun to drive in their torque bands and turbo range and surely much better than the diesels but once u rev them past those nad they are completely strained but in a petrol with more revs come more pleasure.
i know cedia is really good but i am a german fan hence was thinking of the laura tsi or vrs.
i have driven the laura tdi,superb,cruze and jetta and all are mind blowing to drive but again only in their torque bands below that band or above that band its either sluggish or too strained.
About the maintainance the petrol is way cheaper then a diesel for sure.
for example my Skoda octavia Tdi the clutch plate got spoilt so had to replace it which cost me 30k but the same for a petrol vrs costs just 5 -6 k.
this is just one example.
But again bro thanks for the reply i am still in the thinking mode so not sure which i would go for it might even be a diesel.

There is some new technology VW has introduced in some of their own like Pssat, as also Skoda Laura and Superb and maybe some other models.
I am told that even the sequential technology is not compatible with these engines.
So the real issue is not turbo, it is this technology, if you are eyeing a VW or skoda model.
Also in any case, you please identify the best cng professional beforehand.

Top Bottom