Hyundai i10 Brakes Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

In my past 6 months drive with my 2010 i10 i felt the following experiences, can you please help me out.

1st time when i was trying to overtake an auto there was no space for the move, so i thought to apply the brake and pressed brake and clutch simultaneously but instead of stopping, the car was going forward without any resistant, i removed my leg from the clutch and pressed the brake again and there was no result, the car came to halt completely.

2nd time i was going to take left curve ( i was in 5th gear and in 60KM) , i was trying to bring the car speed down by applying brake and it was not stopping, i lowered the gear to 3rd and then pressed the brake it came to 30KM to take the turn,

both the time i was lucky nothing was in front , please let me know what is the exact issue here, the brake looks good otherwise, I'm afraid to drive now.
please send me your suggestions.

TIA
Prashant

Re: i10 brake issue

HI Prashant, did you do hard braking or soft braking. Brake is used both to lower the speed of the vehicle as well as stop it.

Is your car with ABS ?

Thanks,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #4
today again it happened the brake pedal went dead when i was reversing, god is with me and didn't happened anything. please let me know why this is happening.

OMG... even break can fail as per their convenience [surprise]... I m new to driving and this thing making me scare tooo.... Experience people please help..

Hi prashant10,
May be you should get your car brakes cleaned especially the disc & rear drum (inner liner) may be there is oil or something like that . If not it could be the case of very thick floor mats getting in way of the brake pedal operation.

It had happened once on my i10. the pedal went dead. I feel there is a problem with function of i10's brakes. My car was equipped with ABS though.

Thread Starter #9
is it,,, hmm then the SA should have know that issue or HMIL, here what happened when I went to check.
brake oil was not changed, i went to them and asked to check the issue, the brake oil was full and hence no leakage , test drove and asked to check for air gap if any, asked to clean the brakes again ,after 1 hours they had given back stating no leakage was found and cleaned the brakes again, Regarding the gear issue they said they adjusted the clutch wire and should be sorted out. found some improvement in the gear shifts after that. Brake was ok on my return. I have double mat and 1 SA said it could have came between the brake. asked me to remove and drive.

Good that you visited the Service Center, now we have peace of mind as its clear that brakes are fine (& also cleaned). May be the mats are the problem area. If the mat is slipping forward & getting below the pedals you can try something like this picture - tie 2 rear corners of the mat with the seat mounts on floor using some plastic tag.
http://www.********.com/forum/attachments/street-experiences/818551d1317368319-shocking-incident-blame-3d-mats-floor-mat.jpg
pic only for ref: Source is from google search

Plastic tag to solve the mat issue

Good that you visited the Service Center, now we have peace of mind as its clear that brakes are fine (& also cleaned). May be the mats are the problem area. If the mat is slipping forward & getting below the pedals you can try something like this picture - tie 2 rear corners of the mat with the seat mounts on floor using some plastic tag.

Please Note: pic belongs to respective owner, Source is from google search

Thread Starter #12
Thank you ss80, do you think the mats can be that much of a problem ,
It happened again in the evening, twice in space of few mins, I'm removed the mats and Driving now lets see.

I experienced this situation twice in a VW Vento that I drove. The bottom side of the floor mat does not grip the carpet well & everytime my heel moves (while operating pedal) the mat gets pushed towards the firewall more & more. Try it without the mats & lets hope that this will be the issue. Whenever I drove i10 I never faced this issue, however I used to drive Automatic one, so not much action near pedal.

Ask for a system flush for eliminate possible air bubbles in the hoses and check the vacuum hose from the brake booster to the throttle body or injection body (some vacuum source). The problem might be on the master cylinder too

Thread Starter #15
Guys, I had removed the additional carpet and was driving, while reversing it happened again today... the Brake pedal went hard and was not pressing down

Top Bottom