Maruti Alto LXi Engine Oil Change

Thread Starter #1
CAR: Alto Lxi 2009
MILEAGE: 48603KMS

Previous oil change was done at 45903KMS. Its been one year and 2700KMS since last oil change,so did an oil change as DIY.:)

Tools and Stuffs Required:

1. Engine Oil [3 Litres],Bought Shell OEM 20W40 Oil~ 770RS
  2. Oil Filter~ OEM~80RS
  3. 17MM Spanner
  4. Oil Filter Tool~200RS
Here it is.[:)]

1.Open the Hood
2.Jack up the car.

While jacking up the car:

* Make sure that that ground is solid and wont slip,In my case,it was soil,so i placed a wooden plank under the jack for safety.

* Then find the correct spot in the running board to place the jack,See the pics included.Its mentioned in the manual that jack should be placed between that marked spots,So i followed the same. Adjust height as per our requirement.

3.Remove the oil cap.
4.Remove drain bolt [17mm bolt] and place the container to collect the oil.Wait till the last drop of oil comes out.In my case,I used a small bucket to collect oil.

5.Remove existing oil filter using Oil Filter Tool.While removing the filter,oil will come out,so place a container under it to prevent it from falling on to the ground.

6.Clean that oil filter area using a cloth.
7.Put new oil in the filter's o ring,Fix it in place.Tight it using the tool or even your hands can do it,Never over tight.

8.So after collecting the last drop of oil,put back the drain bolt,Tight it,Again never over tight it.
9.Now Pour in new oil.I bought a can of Shell OEM MGO 20W40 oil,Poured it fully.
10.Put back the Oil cap.
11.Start the car and idle for a few seconds and then turn off and check oil level using the dip stick and make sure that its at correct level.

12. Clean oil drops if any on car and hand and ENJOY! [evil]

All suggestions are welcome.[:)]

Attachments

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Re: Maruti Alto Lxi Oil Change

Changed 2-3 days back for Estilo, slipped jack and broke the bucket [frustration]

Oh, the orange one was OEM. I thought it was some crap stuff used by them and was cursing them. Last time they used Mico Bosch itself. What I bought this time was also Mico Bosch.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Changed 2-3 days back for Estilo, slipped jack and broke the bucket [frustration]
Oops.[roll]

Oh, the orange one was OEM. I thought it was some crap stuff used by them and was cursing them. Last time they used Mico Bosch itself. What I bought this time was also Mico Bosch.
Yeah,its the oem one,Bought this for the 1st oil change too.:) Any suggestions? :)

Neatly explained with pic's. For 800 there are no jack points on the body instead we have to put it under the axle. [frustration]

Make sure you paint the exhaust with primer or heat resistant paint before it cracks.

deville_56 : Hope you were not under the car when the jack slipped. [confused]

Thread Starter #7

Neatly explained with pic's.
Thanks bro.[:)]

For 800 there are no jack points on the body instead we have to put it under the axle. [frustration]
I was unaware of that spots,Dilip bro told me about it.

Make sure you paint the exhaust with primer or heat resistant paint before it cracks.
Yeah its rusted.Header area is rusted badly,Guess its time for ffe.[lol]

Luckily not at the time of slip, was wrestling with the drainbolt before that.
Why wrestling with the bolt? :D Mine was very easy.

Advised Aneesh to keep brick under tyre before going under.
Yes,i thought you told me to keep a brick under the jack,Thats why i placed a wooden plank under it.Any way,as your suggestion was always on my mind,i had made double sure that the jack is stable and wont slip.I have along hand so no need to get under the car.

Excellent DIY buddy.

This brings back some old memories. Back in the college days, i used to change EO of my Alto, however, i ended up spoiling my clothes, and also i was never in the state to click the pics. BTW any plans to switch to synthetic oil anytime soon?

Thread Starter #10

Excellent DIY buddy.
Thanks bro.[:)]

This brings back some old memories. Back in the college days, i used to change EO of my Alto, however, i ended up spoiling my clothes, and also i was never in the state to click the pics.
Hahaha [clap]

BTW any plans to switch to synthetic oil anytime soon?
May be Shell SS Next time,No money for FS. :D

Top Bottom