Adding CNG / LPG To My Ford Ikon

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I own a Ford Ikon Flair 1.3 BSIII. I drive nearly around 50 km per day and its costing alot on my pocket with a added help of long traffic stops. I want to get LPG added to my Ikon but i am not sure whether it has any adverse effect on engine performance.

Can some one please help me out with the below points -
1.How will be the engine performance effected?
2.What would be the ideal mileage i can expect from Gas, calculation would help?
3.Can I cover the car Insurance after the Gas addition to it?
4.What is the Installation cost of LPG? And where i can get it done in Hyderabad?

Awaiting for your replies.

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

Re: Adding LPG to My Ford Ikon

Pickup will drop by 30 - 35 %
2.What would be the ideal mileage i can expect from Gas, calculation would help?
Mileage will be - Mileage you are getting with petrol - 1 or 2
Yes
4.What is the Installation cost of LPG?
Approx 20k

Re: Adding LPG to My Ford Ikon

Depends on tuning. To the max you can expect 85~90% of the performance in Petrol (but it will affect FE)

My friend's Ikon delivers 8~10kmpl in city (Chennai), 10~11kmpl on highways. (He is light footed in city drive)

LPG kit need to be endorsed in your RC first, later you can endorse the same in Insurance with added premium

4.What is the Installation cost of LPG?
Depends on what you choose. Cheap Italian make kits are available from 10k and branded ones for 17~20k, sequential kits for around 30k

Re: Adding LPG To My Ford Ikon

Buddy LPG is no more Safe compare to CNG ..why u choosing LPG chose CNG it is safe and best..ya it costly but it is only 30000-45000 and saftey always !

Thread Starter #5
Can Ford Ikon 1.3 be succefully converted to CNG? I've heard it's known to have probl

Based in Hyderabad, I have a Ford Ikon Flair 1.3L, 2007 model. I wanna get it converted to CNG but most of the dealers I've spoken to are against it and it's known to have problems. They say the engine 'misses' every now and then. Has anyone got CNG kit installed in his/her Ford Ikon 1.3? How is the response? Does it work well or show any signs of problems (except the dip in power)?

You said most dealers are against cng on Ikon. That means some are for it. Choose the one with the best reputation from amongst these some. If it is trustworthy, go by his advice. There should be no problem.
For better peace of mind, go for a sequential of a good Italian company. Cost under 50k.

Top Bottom