Volkswagen Vento Giving Low FE

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

Our Vento is giving less FE.It had gave me 13.5 Km/l in our last highway trip.It is Diesel 2012 version,which had done 13600 Km in 10 months.So,what to do with FE?Yet to give for 1st service.And,in city,Car is giving about 10.5 to 12.5 Km/l.My driver always keep his foot on clutch.But,my dad doesn't.

Re: Vento giving low FE

Sad to hear that Bro [surprise]

As a Diesel you definitely ought to expect more - isnt it?

By the way do you have any service plans lined up? Maybe the VW service centers can look into this?

13.5 kmpl is definitely too low a mileage for vento. did you check it by the full tank to full tank technique ? do you yourself fill the fuel or your driver does it ? have the car checked at the vw service centre. they will do a free check up.

Music_Swift, dont you think it is too early to judge your fuel efficiency. Its been just a been a week when you bought your Vento. Maybe the FE would go up once you or the driver gets used to the car. Also calculate the fe on next tankfull. Once in a while, variations in the efficiency might be there due to driving style conditions, quality of fuel etc.

Hello guys,

Our Vento is giving less FE.It had gave me 13.5 Km/l in our last highway trip.It is Diesel 2012 version,which had done 13600 Km in 10 months.So,what to do with FE?Yet to give for 1st service.And,in city,Car is giving about 10.5 to 12.5 Km/l.My driver always keep his foot on clutch.But,my dad doesn't.
Hi Music_Swift,

FE depends on many things including quality of fuel and way of driving.

Did you check with the previous owner how much FE he used to get. What I heard from my colleagues optimal FE for Vento is 15-ish in Bangalore.

Thanks,
Anshuman

Hello guys,

I am bit Shocked because my Jetta till now has not given me below 17kmpl. Never believed Vento would give this less.[surprise] It is advisable to use clutch only while shifting gears. Next time do check out the Gear in which he is driving. It is advisable to be at 40kmph in 3rd / 4th Gear. I have seen some people who drive 50 kmph in 2nd gear. This could be one of the factors for low FE

Hi Music_Swift,

FE depends on many things including quality of fuel and way of driving.
Did you check with the previous owner how much FE he used to get. What I heard from my colleagues optimal FE for Vento is 15-ish in Bangalore.

Thanks,
Anshuman
Yes, Fuel Efficiency depends on the Quality of Fuel and Driving Style. In my city there are around 30 Pumps. Only 8 of them have good Quality Fuel. I have checked this with every car we have in our family(Petrol & Diesel). Also i have observed that BPCL outlets have best quality fuel. All our cars give high FE when filled there, including my new aquisition Skoda Rapid. Do try to fill at other Stations.

Vento should easily give FE of around 20 on highway trips if driven in the band of 90-110 with constant light foot.
Light Foot is key to good FE. Also try to keep the engine speed below 2000 RPM. This might help.

hi
i get a FE of 12 inside city, i drive from KR Puram to ITPB (Peak hours) with AC, and on my recent highway trip i got 18 with AC always on. i own a Vento TDI and has clocked 6k km.

Thread Starter #12

13.5 kmpl is definitely too low a mileage for vento. did you check it by the full tank to full tank technique ? do you yourself fill the fuel or your driver does it ? have the car checked at the vw service centre. they will do a free check up.
This was from MID actually.Now,calculating using Full tank to full tank method.We should not believe MID.

As others said,it depends from person to person on his driving and also from the quality of fuels and fuel station.
Do try the tank to tank method and also from a reputed station.

Top Bottom