Hero Honda Splendor 1994 Model Restoration

Thread Starter #1
Today, I started to restore my splendor 94 model clocked 55k which is in bad condition due to rainy climate and bad maintenance. It was on stand in my backyard for last three years as I was out of station, and now, I have to rebuild and re-register it for on road use.

It started on third kick without any issues even after sitting idle for three years. But I did not try to ride it as the tires were almost empty, air filter sponge getting powdered on finger touch! I, removed air filter, kick started and kept idling for one minute before switch off. The carburetor started to overflow after 30 sec approx of idling!

The big issue, I think, with my bike is rusting the frame and other parts. You can see it in my pictures. So, please advice me how to remove all rust before painting. I tried Rustoline but not much use. Is there any good chemicals to remove rust: I think, it would be really impossible to remove all rust especially in joints just using wire brush and sand paper. I plan to use Zinchromite primer using brush and Aerosol paint for painting frame. OR should I take a compressor on rent for spray painting?

Nice restoration of a very successful bike in India !!

Hmm, since it is almost 19 year old, it tends to have lot of rust on body and you really need to check the main frame is in good condition or has become weak due to heavy rust. Then only proceed for any kind of restoration job !!

For that you can consult a good mechanic to know about its current situation and hope our DIY experts in TAI will help with some information on the same !!

Top Bottom