Maruti Alto A/C Problem

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys. Currently i am facing a problem with my Alto's air conditioner. It's a used vehicle, 5 years old clocked around 18000kms. I bought the car last year in september. After 2 months or so when using the ac, Suddenly there will be no cool air blowing from the ac vents and the blower motor sound alone is heard. I have to switch off the compressor for a few minutes and then cool air will start blowing from the vents. I then gave my car for service and was charged accordingly for ac service :

-A/c Blower Motor Over Hauling - 550/-
-A/c Gas 134 - 1300/-
-A/c Gas Oil 134 - 250/-
-A/c Blower Motor Removing & Refixing -450/-
-A/c Cooling Coil Service -900/-
Total - -3450/-

Also he cleaned the Evaporator coil completely. After this ac service also i am facing the same problem. What seems to be the problem?. Please help me out TAI guys. [confused]

Re: Maruti Alto Ac Problem

May be the gas is leaking, hence the compressor is not turning on.

Check if the expansion valve is blocked.

Thread Starter #3
Cool air comes only if compressor is turned on right? I am getting really cold air but as i said before, after sometime cool air stops coming out of the vents and blower sound alone is heard.

Cool air comes only if compressor is turned on right? I am getting really cold air but as i said before, after sometime cool air stops coming out of the vents and blower sound alone is heard.
Welcome speedfreek,

Check your engine temperature indicator, there is a safety cut off switch to cut off the compressor if the engine temperature increases,the blower will keep blowing but the compressor will get cut off.

There is a chance that this switch is not working properly or the engine is really heating up.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
alexddas, The Engine temperature is normal. It's not heating up. Like you've mentioned, the switch must be the culprit. Will check and let you know. [:)]

Thread Starter #7
Guys i have checked everything. The mechanic says everything is fine and he can't find anything wrong with it. But still the problem persists. But of late, i have started to notice something. This happens a lot when i take my car in the highways. But it does not happen when i drive in the city. Help me out guys, I'm just desperate and this is irritating me a lot.

Replace the sensor located on the cooling coils. This sensor is used cut off the compressor when the cooling coil has become cold enough..

Thread Starter #9
But even if the compressor is cut off, there should be air blowing from the vents right ?. For me, There is no air blowing from the vents. Just the blower motor sound alone is heard. For the air to come again from the vents i'll have to switch off the compressor, then after a few mins, air starts to blow from the vents 'slowly' and it's normal once again. this keeps happening like a cycle.

Hey,

This thing happens even with the general household ACs. I had this problem with my room's window AC. The problem was, due to excess cooling after a while, there was ice formation in the coil(I guess its called this way) behind the air filter. This was dirty and ice formed over it to clog the air to get in. When i defrosted it and cleaned it, I got the cold air flow. So in the case of Car, it should be like ice formation near to air intake, as you say it works well initially.

I had the same problem in my old indica. After switching on the AC some time later the air flow becomes less and eventually stop. If we switch off the AC then slowly the air starts coming.

I got it checked and the problem was the thermostat which is placed under the dash. He changed it and the problem was solved. Thermostat was not cutting off the cooling when the temperature becomes cold and the ice start freezing on the AC grill.

Thread Starter #14
I had the same problem in my old indica. After switching on the AC some time later the air flow becomes less and eventually stop. If we switch off the AC then slowly the air starts coming.

I got it checked and the problem was the thermostat which is placed under the dash. He changed it and the problem was solved. Thermostat was not cutting off the cooling when the temperature becomes cold and the ice start freezing on the AC grill.
Oh okay. Thanks sunny2525 [clap]. I will check it out right away and let you know. Can you tell me how much the thermostat costed you ?

Top Bottom