Engine Stalled & Unknown Instrument Cluster Light Blinking

Thread Starter #1
Guys yesterday when i was driving with low speed and suddenly my engine stalled and one sign start glowing in instrument cluster but engine start normally but sign keep on blinking.after few km driving i stopped to check the issue but don't understand anything but surprisingly sing gone and cluster is fine means no sign of any malfunctioning.pls help me to understand the problem.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Engine stalled and instrument cluster light blink

If that warning light turned on during driving, then your car has some problem. I dont remember which one is it and a more clear pic would do.
Take your car to the dealer.

Re: Engine stalled and instrument cluster light blink

Refer car manual and check what that Led light is for.
Looks like handbrake warning. (may be)

Your car is Ford ClassicD Zxi, right? It is like that on your profile.

I dont't know about the engine stall but i would suggest on a guess to check all your lights including the rear park light on the number board.
In punto i saw a similar light on a default on rear park light.

Thread Starter #6
The handbrake warning is similar surfer but like this- (!) in red. I think its something else.
theferrarifan,you are right its not hand break sign.

@aladddas bang on,my car is fiesta ZXI D bt its not rear tail light.

guys i think this related to break issue..

Many Figo owners reported engine stall issue across many forums, but I don't remember if they mentioned about the warning light glow. Ford provided solution in form of software update. Maybe similar issue in your Fiesta.

Now here engine stall means what? Do you feel lose of power? If so then maybe ECU went in limp-mode, or worst maybe turbo failure. Better to avoid driving in such condition and contact your service station soonest.

its a brake system alert.
But not sure how that is related to engine stalling. Could be coincidence too.

If you do not have a OBD scanner , you can check with local shops. I am sure it will have few stored codes (which were nt severe enough to turn on check engine/MIL light). Or, for the safest option, visit the service center.

350Z

Core Team
This is not a handbrake warning lamp. It indicates malfunction with power train. I’d suggest getting the car inspected at Ford soon before it turns into a major trouble.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Drivetrain May be but it could be problem with chip controller also Just go to the service centre make them scan completely and findout whatz the error actually so that if it occurs next time or someother member gets the same problem we'll know what exactly should be done.FORD Engines are Durable so there will be no issues except the ICs

My bad-I see the light on the right side of the cluster. Its the check engine light in ford as said by others.
Update us on the findings.

Top Bottom