Maruti 800 DX '92 Model Rusting Issues

Thread Starter #1
Please suggest a good primer which provides long term rust protection for painting the floor with brush. Also suggest a good rust remover and advise on how to prepare the surface for the primer coat. I see a lot of rusting spots on the floor when removed the carpet.

Re: Maruti 800 DX 92 model body rusting issues

To remove the rust use a wire brush and sand paper.

You can use 3M Underseal.It is available to around Rs300 for 1Kg.You can paint it using a brush.

Check the amount of rust that is there.If there are holes, go to a garage and get it welded.If there is too much rust then you should change the panel.

Check out this thread for more information:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...379-bought-my-first-car-maruti-800-ac-12.html

Berger Lacoloid Paint is a very good way for anti-rust coating. As Lacoloid is a marine paint and is used to paint the boats and other marine equipment that are in constant contact with water. After painting the car under-body with lacoloid, you will be tension free about rust.
Before painting the car make sure that there is not even a bit of rust left. This may cause the metal to corrode.

BTW I use simple Berger Red Oxide Primer for coating my car under-body. [;)]

Hi vinfriend,

I recently user Epoxy Iron Oxide Red Primer to combat the rust I had in my 97 model Maruti. It's a industrial strength primer used to paint ships/boats, pipes in industrial plants. It has high chemical resistance and grate for salty atmosphere. You could try that too.

I am going to do the underbody coating (for inner floor) sometime in the first week of next month & will post a few pics. I will be using a product called "Rubber guard" very similar to 3M "underseal" a pic from internet to show the 3m under seal tin.
3M underseal11.jpg

I will suggest that it is better if we spray the 3m underseal as it gives good looks as well as good protection from rust & is any day cheaper than repainting the floor.

Top Bottom