Maruti Suzuki Ritz Tyre Pressure

Thread Starter #1
I own a Ritz VXI Petrol 2013 model.

When I bought the car from the dealer they checked everything as per PDI.Today I discovered all the tyres were inflated with 48 Psi instead of 33 Psi.So I reduced the tyre pressure and kept 33 Psi as per user manual.Now I am finding the car feels heavy.

Shall I keep this present air pressure?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Tyre air pressure in Ritz

every new car has high pressure and it's recommended to keep the air pressure as per manual.
so keep it at 33 and in some days it will feel alright.

Do keep in mind that manufacturer recommended tyre pressures are cold tyre pressure most of the time. So in case you are checking the tyre pressure after driving for a while, it is advisable to keep +2 or 3 psi to prevent uneven wear & tear of tyres. Also, lower tyre pressure exerts more pressure on side walls making them vulnerable for cuts.

Last edited:
Hi buddy. As others have said keep 33psi itself. This will be comfortable to drive and not heavy to drive. It is better you get a small handy gauge that will help you to check often , Because the psi differs from place to place where we check.

Hi buddy. As others have said keep 33psi itself. This will be comfortable to drive and not heavy to drive. It is better you get a small handy gauge that will help you to check often , Because the psi differs from place to place where we check.
where can find the small psi guage

Air pressure gauges are easily available at most 2/4 wheeler accesory shops. And they come real cheap too.

Rakesh

As already told by our members here, just stick to the pressures given in the manual and yes you can buy a air pressure gauge to check the pressure once in a while[:)].

Most of the people told me to go with nitrogen instead of regular compressed air, I am yet to use the same in my Ritz

Rakesh

As already told by our members here, just stick to the pressures given in the manual and yes you can buy a air pressure gauge to check the pressure once in a while[:)].

Most of the people told me to go with nitrogen instead of regular compressed air, I am yet to use the same in my Ritz
I use nitrogen and top up every 3 months and found that i don't need much for top up even after 3 months.
As nitrogen is cooler than air there is a chance of increase in tyre mileage.
Much discussed but difficult to prove as the tyre mileage depends on many other factors too.

Last edited:
I use nitrogen and top up every 3 months and found that i don't need much for top up even after 3 months.
As nitrogen is cooler than air there is a chance of increase in tyre mileage.
Much discussed but difficult to prove as the tyre mileage depends on many other factors too.
+100, Alex

I really need to do this which is long pending, seriously not getting time to go to that nitrogen pump fellow. I want to see that once at least before concluding whether nitrogen is good or bad[:)]

+100, Alex

I really need to do this which is long pending, seriously not getting time to go to that nitrogen pump fellow. I want to see that once at least before concluding whether nitrogen is good or bad[:)]
In the equipment used for filling nitrogen there is a sucking unit which is used to create a vaccum in side the tyres. make sure the guy do it before filling or else it is a waste effort.

Last edited:
In the equipment used for filling nitrogen there is a sucking unit which is used to create a vaccum in side the tyres. make sure the guy do it before filling or else it is a waste effort.
Is it so? [confused]. When I last tie had nitrogen filled in my car's tyres, they de falted the tyre entirely and then started filling nitrogen. [cry]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
how many kilomteres the nitrogen lasts ? because my santro covers 100 kilometers daily and sometimes the tyre pressure gets really low.

and what if the tyre's punctured and i fill normal air ? will it be harmful ?

Top Bottom