Maruti Swift VDi - Suggestions Required for Turbo Problem

Thread Starter #1
Yeah.! thats my dad's friend car ! I remember well that my last trip with Swift around 1000km from Tuticorin to Coimbatore. The problem is Turbo doesnt works !! After a sudden raise in acceleration above 80 , its lags a second and an turbo warning Indication is shown in Dashboard and then raise !! But if acceleration raised gradually it raises till 140 that takes more time.!! My dad have went to our local ASC and have run the engine using turbo from another car. Its works perfect with it. They have asked to replace it wit new one that costs about 10k . But My friend classmate , he own a workshop, i took him with the car. He said if there is problem in turbo u cant reach upto this much after 120 but the Turbo indication comes once Every time the engine starts. ![frustration] Then i replaced new air filter assembly !! And finally at Coimbatore ASC they said " its coz of MANIFOLD BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR, It doesnt works and so problem occurs .. new one costs abt 2k.. !! your suggestions !!! [confused]

Re: Maruthi Swift Vdi -Suggestions required for Turbo problem

Yeah.! thats my dad's friend car ! I remember well that my last trip with Swift around 1000km from Tuticorin to Coimbatore. The problem is Turbo doesnt works !! After a sudden raise in acceleration above 80 , its lags a second and an turbo warning Indication is shown in Dashboard and then raise !! But if acceleration raised gradually it raises till 140 that takes more time.!! My dad have went to our local ASC and have run the engine using turbo from another car. Its works perfect with it. They have asked to replace it wit new one that costs about 10k . But My friend classmate , he own a workshop, i took him with the car. He said if there is problem in turbo u cant reach upto this much after 120 but the Turbo indication comes once Every time the engine starts. ![frustration] Then i replaced new air filter assembly !! And finally at Coimbatore ASC they said " its coz of MANIFOLD BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR, It doesnt works and so problem occurs .. new one costs abt 2k.. !! your suggestions !!! [confused]
You forgot to mention the Kms the car has done.

I also faced the same problem in my Scorpio. They asked to leave the vehicle for a week to remove the dashboard completely to check all electrical wires. I refused to do so and took my vehicle home.

After that I checked all the wires under hood and found the air mass sensor wire which goes inside slive got damaged. The damage was very small. Then I cut and joind wire with insulation to cover that damage area. The problem got solved.

The problem is Turbo doesnt works !! After a sudden raise in acceleration above 80 , its lags a second and an engine setup Indication is shown in Dashboard and then raise !! But if acceleration raised gradually it raises till 120 that takes some more time.!! I taken my vehicle to one of the mechanic, he replaced clutch plate but again the problem repeats. After one day he said problem is with turbo so asked me to change it. he have asked to replace it with new one that cost about 16k .Turbo indication comes Every time when speed raises above 80.
What can I do now? Am I need to replace turbo? can any one suggest me please?
If turbo failed means can I run my car without replacing it? I don't have any idea please suggest me what to do next.

what you did finally ?

Top Bottom