Air Cabin Filter

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Anyone aware as to where can I get Air Cabin Filter for Swift Dzire. I believe that I could get it from MGP but I am sure that the cost of the item would be approx twice of what I will get in the market.

Any help in this regards would be highy appreciated

Thanks
Sunil

Hi All,

Anyone aware as to where can I get Air Cabin Filter for Swift Dzire. I believe that I could get it from MGP but I am sure that the cost of the item would be approx twice of what I will get in the market.

Any help in this regards would be highy appreciated

Thanks
Sunil
If it is the AC filter then i don't think it comes in dezire as it is not in old model Swift and Ritz.My AC mechanic suited one for me and charged me 600k and he strongly recommended that you must have one as fiat and chevy comes wth one built in.

It should not cost more than Rs600, that is the cost of the AC filter for the Ertiga.So it won't be more than that.

The company leaves out these things to save on cost.They are stingy fellows.

The AC filter will filter the outside air and stop and dust and debris from coming into the cabin.

It work in the same way a filter would work in a home AC unit.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Is that useful, can some body tell me on that and why it is not there in Ritz ??
Yes it is very usefull ... On a day to day use you will notice that less dust particles come inside your cabin (since I always drive my car with windows up) ....On the long run your AC in the car will have better cooling capability as less dust particles would settle in you AC fins ....

however I would like to mention that there is a possibility that the air flow pressure will slightly reduce as now there would be a filter in the path and with time pressure will further get reduces as more and more dust particles will settle in the aircabin filter .... So frequent (probably one in two months) cleaning would be required...

Thanks
Sunil

Thread Starter #9
Well installed the Air Cabin Filter today . Got it for 300 Rs from a shop near by. Installed it all by myself . Will check after a month to see how much debrie/dust is caught.

Thanks
Sunil

Hi sunbaj,

Congrats for installing the filter yourself. Request you to please post some pictures of the same for the use of other members as well.

Happy Riding!

Well installed the Air Cabin Filter today . Got it for 300 Rs from a shop near by. Installed it all by myself . Will check after a month to see how much debrie/dust is caught.

Thanks
Sunil
You installed it right?
So dizire too don't have an AC filter and that 300k is a good price.

@jarpickle
Do ertiga have a built in AC filter?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Hi sunbaj,

Congrats for installing the filter yourself. Request you to please post some pictures of the same for the use of other members as well.

Happy Riding!
Well most would be surprised to know that the Air Cabin filters as not provided in any of the Maruti Cars .....probably in any of the Indian Cars .... I was even surprised to find that even in the US some of the cars do not provide the Air Cabin Filter.

The location for the air cabin filter in the Maruti Cars is behind the Glove Box. So you basically need to take the Glove Box out or some how access the Air Filer Location.

Here you go with the process:

This is the same process given in Team Bhp as I took the details from there as it is very cumbersome/tricky to actually fit back the glove box.

Please note that after the Filter is installed you need to put the Black cover back i.e. after the third pic.

Mods: Please delete the post if you think this is a violation.

Thanks
Sunil

Attachments

Last edited:
I would suggest always to keep the carpet on the platform clean especially the front left side as the AC breaths through there and to do a PVC covering so that we can clean the platform easily.

Well most would be surprised to know that the Air Cabin filters as not provided in any of the Maruti Cars .....probably in any of the Indian Cars .... I was even surprised to find that even in the US some of the cars do not provide the Air Cabin Filter.

The location for the air cabin filter in the Maruti Cars is behind the Glove Box. So you basically need to take the Glove Box out or some how access the Air Filer Location.

Here you go with the process:

This is the same process given in Team Bhp as I took the details from there as it is very cumbersome/tricky to actually fit back the glove box.

Please note that after the Filter is installed you need to put the Black cover back i.e. after the third pic.

Mods: Please delete the post if you think this is a violation.

Thanks
Sunil

Thanks For sharing the pictures. But am not able to undestand the angle (view) of picture taken. I mean is this from bottom side (camera facing sky) or from front side (you sitting in front of glove box).

[embarass]

Top Bottom