HELP!! Low Mileage on My Splendor+

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI friends,

I have turned my bike to complete stock and have noticed that my bike gives a very bad mileage of just 52 km for 1.4 l(rs.100 petrol).i have checked the plugs and found that its in good condition.Please help me on this issue [anger].this was calculated in highway during my drive to college.i had a constant throttle of 50-65 kmph

@Hari

Let us know some details like how many kilometers the bike has run and how many services it has completed so far ??

Don't worry buddy, TAI is always at your help and I drove my splendor from year 2000 to 2010 and sold it after 10 years 1,50,000km+ it was an awesome bike man[:)]

Last edited:
Here are some suggestions by Dilip Bam:

How to reduce fuel consumption? We can adopt the following driving style:

1>> Avoid traveling in low gear as much as possible. At any speed, try to stay in as high gear as possible without bike giving jerks due to chain snatch or engine stalling.

2>> Avoid using brakes as much as safely possible because by using brake we are wasting energy (==petrol).

3>> Avoid higher speed, because at higher speed we are wasting energy (==petrol) in overcoming air friction resistance rather than covering distance, which is our objective.

In addition to above driving style, we can TAKE the following TEN steps:

1>>Keep brakes as free (loose) as possible, so that they do not un-necessarily touch (and waste energy==petrol) when we do not need them.

2>>Keep air pressure in tires to the recommended level because less air in tires creates higher friction resistance between tire and road surface, and wastes petrol.

3>>Keep clutch well adjusted, because slipping of clutch wastes petrol.

4>>Change engine oil at recommended intervals and use genuine engine oil of recommended grade to reduce friction losses in engine and keep engine cool.

5>>Clean air filter regularly.

6>>Clean drive chain and sprockets (with kerosene and brush) regularly (every 2000 km) and lubricate it with thick oil or grease.

Also check and adjust chain tension regularly.

7>>Clean carburetor, especially float chamber and jets, and also clean spark plug regularly every 2000 km.

8>>Daily check for leakages of petrol from fuel cock, cracked fuel pipes, fuel filter, and all pipe joints. I have found this to be the single most common reason for not getting good mileage.

9>>Lubricate all cables by putting drops of oil between cable inner and
outer to reduce friction. Also put grease on all cable ends, both sides.

10>>Lubricate both axles (front and rear) and steering cone bearings regularly (every 2000 km).

Top Bottom