New Swift LDi Oil Leakage

Thread Starter #1
I have a maruti swift ldi purchased on 11/11/2011 and today I went for an wheel alignment & noticed that oil is leaking and is spread over the sump.I showed it to service team at maruti authorised service station and they say that it is due to oil leak from crank case of the engine.further they say that they need to dis assemble the engine to fix the issue.
Now at this point I am totally disappointed since my engine is just 1 year old and have serious apprehensions about the engine being dissected for no reason of mine.what will be the engine performance if it is reassembled by the service centre as the engine is assembled by maruti during production how will it affect the life of the engine its performance after reassembly? so on
I need suggestion from dear friends. please help me out.
I hear from forum discussions that such issue is prevent in ertiga

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Oil leak in new Swift Ldi

Well I see here that you dont have a choice, but ofcourse you can take a second opinion from another service station. If it is confirmed that there is an oil leakage from the crank case, you can give the car for the reassembly but also write up to Maruti with your engine number. They have a good CC and will make sure the work done is the best.

Re: Oil leak in new Swift Ldi

I have a maruti swift ldi purchased on 11/11/2011 and today I went for an wheel alignment & noticed that oil is leaking and is spread over the sump.I showed it to service team at maruti authorised service station and they say that it is due to oil leak from crank case of the engine.further they say that they need to dis assemble the engine to fix the issue.
Now at this point I am totally disappointed since my engine is just 1 year old and have serious apprehensions about the engine being dissected for no reason of mine.what will be the engine performance if it is reassembled by the service centre as the engine is assembled by maruti during production how will it affect the life of the engine its performance after reassembly? so on
I need suggestion from dear friends. please help me out.
I hear from forum discussions that such issue is prevent in ertiga
If the leak is from the crank case it can be replaced without re-assembling the engine they would have said that they have to detach the engine from the chassis to do the work so please check and re-confirm it first.

Top Bottom