Honda Brio Mileage Question.

Thread Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased a Honda Brio SMT 1.3L (Petrol version) 3 days back. I filled up my tank. I drove around 77kms in city. The Fuel economy meter shows only 10.7km/l whereas the dealer promised around 13 km/l.

is the mileage low because the car is new and will it increase after 1st service?

Im very confused.

AMG

Suspended
Hi, I recently purchased a Honda Brio SMT 1.3L (Petrol version) 3 days back.
Congrats [clap]

I filled up my tank. I drove around 77kms in city. The Fuel economy meter shows only 10.7km/l whereas the dealer promised around 13 km/l. Is the mileage low because the car is new and will it increase after 1st service?

Yes.

Im very confused.

Just sit back and enjoy your car. Dont bother too much.

Noisy

Suspended
Congrats Dheeraj. Wish you many miles with her.
As AMG said, enjoy driving the car.
Mileage often increases after first service/ 1k kms..
BTW remember to keep the RPMs in check while driving in run-in period!
Don't worry.

Firstly. Stop worrying cause Brio is a very good car & it does give good mileage. Just wait for the 1st service to get over & you will be able to notice some increase in the mileage. Also don't rev up too hard.
And one more thing, fuel economy meter shown on the car is not 100% accurate. So the best way will be tankful-to-tankful method. [:)]

Let the Engine get settled down first, drive sedately till the first service and the car should reach it's claimed fuel efficiency figures.

Thread Starter #7
Thank you so much..i will follow what you guys said... I am going to try the tank to tank method this week.. [:)]

@Dheeraj:
First of all let the first service be done and rest assured, i-vtec engines provide fantastic FE(you can really expect Alto or i-10 rivaling figures in future).

Hi Dheeraj,

My Brio's first mileage was 13.6 for almost a month and was not increasing. So,I asked the dealer when I went for the First free service and he said the first mistake was that I was not resetting the mileage dispaly using the stalk.
Then the next run itself it started increasing and got a very decent 20.1kmpl with AC on a higway run @ 65kmph 5th Gear for 110 kms.

Hi Dheeraj,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I guess between runs this has to be changed ( not every run but atleast rest it once a week).
Thats what I did.

@Dheeraj:
What you have bought is a fine piece of engineering from Honda.Honda is synonymous with bullet proof reproducible reliability.As the Punch line says this car will surely love you back.
Sit back,relax and enjoy the beauty.The mileage will make you real happy in no time.200 percent sure.....

Top Bottom