Honda City VMT with CNG. Anybody Got it?

Thread Starter #1
Hell TAI'ans,
Just wondering if anyone here got Honda City VMT with CNG fitted? Wondering about the performance, reliability and want to know if its a wise option to look in to if one purchasing the City? I dont think you can do after market installation as it would void the warrantee.

Can you guys shed some light on this?

Re: Honda City VMT with CNG anybody got it?

Factory CNG kit is always a better and safer option. But I dont know anyone who bought the new city CNG.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

many people prefer factory CNG even over showroom fitted ( which doesn't voids warranty)

they have tuned the suspensions and all the required things in the city having cng so i guess there should not be any problem.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks guys,
Yeah the Honda City has a CNG option on VMT variant and it is not factory fitted, but its a showroom fitted. But warrantee is applied on the fittings. But dont see anywhere any review on the same [confused]. May be the people who buy City VMT dont worry much about the petrol costs [evil]

The G.C. of the CNG one is increased and the suspension is also tuned to handle more weight. I visit honda often but have not seen one yet.

Thread Starter #6

The G.C. of the CNG one is increased and the suspension is also tuned to handle more weight. I visit honda often but have not seen one yet.
Do they really increase the GC, I thought only they tweak the suspension for added weight of the cylinder. I think there is some engine tweaking also involved. Its really nice that Honda opted for such innovative move. In US I believe Civic is offered with CNG. Surprised to see no many takers! Finding the CNG filling station could be another issue.

Do they really increase the GC, I thought only they tweak the suspension for added weight of the cylinder. I think there is some engine tweaking also involved. Its really nice that Honda opted for such innovative move. In US I believe Civic is offered with CNG. Surprised to see no many takers! Finding the CNG filling station could be another issue.
I meant that they increased the G.C. recently,for every model. Engine tweaking I am not sure but will confirm you.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i am not sure if it's factory fitted or showroom fitted. can any one confirm ?

Thread Starter #10

i am not sure if it's factory fitted or showroom fitted. can any one confirm ?
What I heard was, one has to order vmt and specifically tell them that you need CNG. Then Honda will send CNG tuned vehicle. This also involves suspension modification. That is why Honda does not do this mod after purchase.
Hope some one comes with more precise information

guys honda have never got their own factory fitted cng for sure, nor do i have seen any as such till now in any of their showrooms, my first cousin owns jazz, and he got his car into cng from dealer who got it done from the reputed cng dealer and added his own charges into it to keep the warranty intact, so most probably it seems the same thing to me as well.

guys honda have never got their own factory fitted cng for sure, nor do i have seen any as such till now in any of their showrooms, my first cousin owns jazz, and he got his car into cng from dealer who got it done from the reputed cng dealer and added his own charges into it to keep the warranty intact, so most probably it seems the same thing to me as well.
The CNG kit is now provided by Honda and honda has also tuned the car especially for CNG usage.

The CNG kit is now provided by Honda and honda has also tuned the car especially for CNG usage.
Have you seen the kit,yes have heard about the variant which company sells this cng, they have detuned their suspension to carry this extra weightage of cng cylinder, either then that nothing else about Cng tank,kit anything that honda actually provided.Not questioning you or your information but havent seen any concrete information regarding the same.

Thread Starter #14
Vijay,
For Jazz there is no Honda approved CNG kit as of now, but City specifically VMT has this option. What I hear is part of the fittings done by Honda factory, and part completed by show room. Probably I will visit the showroom this weekend and find out more.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/City/FAQs.html

Have you seen the kit,yes have heard about the variant which company sells this cng, they have detuned their suspension to carry this extra weightage of cng cylinder, either then that nothing else about Cng tank,kit anything that honda actually provided.Not questioning you or your information but havent seen any concrete information regarding the same.
I mentioned a link in this thread before which should help you out[:)]. The CNG was launched when I bought my SMT so I did inquire a bit from Honda.

Top Bottom