Hyundai Verna Fluidic Clutch Problem

Thread Starter #1

hi guys
white beauty Verna fluidic crossed just 12,000km (6 months old), now i feel too hard while pressing clutch, i told to service engg. they told that yours clutch life time is going to over, if you want you ca change it. i asked him to change under warranty .he told it is not possible if its gone before 10,000 km also.but in my indica dls i changed my clutch plate only after 50,000km only .pls help me to solve this problem. can i change clutch plate under warranty? [frustration]

Re: Verna fluidic clutch problem

God, i was also about to ask the same question Hendryarun315, i am also having a similar problem with my fluidic which is just 6900 kms old & is faced mostly in morning time where when i press the clutch to turn on the ignition, it remains pressed like its jammed and i have to pull it up by hand, faced this problem thrice. Anyone knows that what is the problem and can it be claimed under warranty. [anger] [cry] Fluidic owners please help!!!

My first car was a Santro . It crossed 28000 km when I sold it . I did not have to change the clutch plate.

I think it should be covered under warranty. Not sure,never owned a huyndai yet. Will ask some friends who do.

Clutch wear very much depends on usage. A particular model's clutch might go upto 50000kms in one hand and 10000kms in another's hand. Since you have managed to get 50000kms in your last car, the above scenario doesn't fit out here. Please go through the user manual in detail, stressing on fine prints of warranty clauses.

I had same same situation
My car had the hard clutch problem right from the beginning and during my service i used point out this they said they have rectified it but i never felt so
So finally at 11430km i find its difficult even slot gears
I fixed an appointment in the service station took the car and asked them what was wrong in such a new car
They replaced the slave and master cylinder but no use
so finally they open her up and told me that clutch plate is gone we have to change it but not in warrnty [anger]
I was annoyed and told them about the hard clutch issue form the beginning and if you aren't going to change it in warranty then fine I am not taking the delivery unless i Get justice form consumer court
Finally they crossed checked the earlier reports in the job card and made an agreement in which I have to pay the full amount of clutch replacement including labour and they will deduct the full amount during my paid service ( Under Goodwill OF A.S.S).
They gave me a written statement of the same in owners manual and another white paper along with their seal so that if I didn't want utilize there service again I can take the car to any any A.S.S and get the claim [clap]

After that I LOve My A.S.S [:D]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
it's a wear and tear so i don't think they will replace it under warranty.

i got my i10's clutch done from service center (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...undai-trio-santro-i10-verna-8.html#post206503) and you know what the guy said

there will be no warranty even after changing the clutch plate , he said if you drive for 5-10 minutes unaware that parking brake is engaged , it'll cause damage to the clutch plate so it will have to be replaced again.

so i don't think hyundai provides warranty for clutch plate.

and i checked this in the owner manual.
05012013135.jpg

God, [anger] even my m800 which is now around 75k kms old and till now driven at hilly areas have the original clutch plate. First i was thinking of that this is regular thing as the car is new and will be soft after driving few hundred kilometers but now i think its time to contact Hyundai A.S.S [gun]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
yeah but if you say that clutch gone bad , Service guys will say " saar , you don't use the clutch properly"

you say , "my 75k kms old maruti has not encountered any problem"
they say " saar , it depends on company to company"

and in the end one has to pay full charges [anger]

I had same same situation
fine I am not taking the delivery unless i Get justice form consumer court
Finally they crossed checked the earlier reports in the job card and made an agreement in which I have to pay the full amount of clutch replacement including labour and they will deduct the full amount during my paid service ( Under Goodwill OF A.S.S).
what was the price you paid ? just curious to know how much verna's clutch plate and all cost.

Today I had to face a bumper to bumper traffic. So while constantly leaving the clutch and accelerating; some karrr noise could be heared. Dad said that it is noice from the clutch. At the next moment I rolled down the window to yell at a swift walla for breaking the car a cm away from my right door; I smelled something burning. I alerted Dad and he says how can the clutch plate go so early.[anger]

Our car is almost 8months old with 14.5K on the odo.[frustration]
Now I googled regarding this issue and bumped up here.
Do clutchs have warranty?[surprise]

it's a wear and tear so i don't think they will replace it under warranty.

i got my i10's clutch done from service center (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...undai-trio-santro-i10-verna-8.html#post206503) and you know what the guy said

there will be no warranty even after changing the clutch plate , he said if you drive for 5-10 minutes unaware that parking brake is engaged , it'll cause damage to the clutch plate so it will have to be replaced again.

so i don't think hyundai provides warranty for clutch plate.

and i checked this in the owner manual.
View attachment 76871
@ gears1313: it is told by allhyundaicars above. See the picture. There is a chance of damaging of clutch plate around 15k kilometers but only if the cars is driven by immature driver without proper experience.

Hi Hendry & himalayan,

Are your Vernas Diesel or Petrol?

my frind just got his diesel Verna delivery last week. He tells that the ASS guys told him to drive below 60 km/hr and so that he uses on ly 4 gears only now.He crossed 750km in ODo now. I felt this is unusal.

Top Bottom