Easy Fix Needed for Maruti Alto F8 LXi

Thread Starter #1
Drove my brother's alto yesterday for about 250 kms on good as well as bad roads. Now this car will be with me for a month- 2 months. Here are certain observations and I need some inputs/solution from your side. The car has done 40k kms till date

1. Main problem -- Shudder /car shakes while climbing in first gear initially.-- Can it be fixed easily? My service advisor says without looking at it, that it is clutch issue and needs replacement, it will cost 4000 INR
2. Seat back when adjusted moves in front or back when adjusted. No intermediate adjustments. -- How to adjust the same?
3. What kind of servicing do I need to do at this interval of 40k kms.

Request all alto owners to guide me.

Last edited:
Re: Easy fix needed for alto F8 lxi

What kind of servicing do I need to do at this interval of 40k kms.
This is mentioned in service document , I know you know this Amit. [:)]

Re: Easy fix needed for alto F8 lxi

1. Main problem -- Shudder /car shakes while climbing in first gear initially.-- Can it be fixed easily? My service advisor says without looking at it, that it is clutch issue and needs replacement, it will cost 4000 INR
I am afraid, but shuddering does give an impression of faulty clutch plate.

2. Seat back when adjusted moves in front or back when adjusted. No intermediate adjustments. -- How to adjust the same?
I guess the lock is broken. Check the same at MASS. Shouldnt be a costly affair.

Oil change, filter change, General check up. Further ask your MASS for the service chart.

since you’re facing such major problems with your car, you should contact maruti directly on their CRM no. 1800 1800 180 or email them at*contact@maruti.co.in they will definitely solve your problem at the earliest.

Sure it has to do with the clutch plate.but please check the flywheel also.recommended to change the fly wheel as well.

Kindly change all the lubes.engine oil,brake oil,coolant,brake pads/liner checks or replacement.

Suspension parts may require replacement.

Full Clutch Assembly along with Release Bearing and Shaft bearing will costs you 2675RS exact without labour.

Sure it has to do with the clutch plate.but please check the flywheel also.recommended to change the fly wheel as well.
Remove and see whether there is any deep scratches on the fly wheel if yes,replace it with new one,New fly wheel will cost you 960RS. If changing fly wheel,change flywheel bearing too,110RS.

Engine Oil
Oil Filter
Airfilter
Sparkplug X 3
Clutch Assembly
Brake Pads
Brake Fluid Bleeding
Gear Oil Change
Coolant Change
Check read drum brakes clean if necessary or replace shoes if needed.

Top Bottom